mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
S
So, how come mIRC-forum is kind'a like nazi ruling ? So as soon someone talks in a special way you don't like, his thread gets LOCKED.

That sux. No really, sux.

mIRC is an IRC-client, connects people from all around the [censored] world, many kind of people are in here... So WHY the [censored] AM I NOT ALLOWED TO SPEECH HOWEVER THE [censored] I WANT IN MY OWN [censored] THREAD ?

What's next ? You guys will accuse me of being a terrorist ? laugh

I don't know about other users in here, but I'm for free speech. smile.... sadly, some of you are not.

Nice job Khaled! smile ...Forum-dictator tyranny at its peak!

Cheers!

F
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
F
:-/

Well, if you're not offensive, not spamming, not posting off-topics msgs etc... (see the forum's rules), there's no reason to lock a topic.
The only locked posts I saw where ads/spam or explicit racism, and I agree on zero tolerance with that people.

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
You started two threads on the same suggestion. Someone suggested another command that might be of help to you - they did that in order to try and help you. You responded in a rude, ignorant manner, and you have shown nothing but rude and ignorant behaviour since then.

And also, you need to be corrected. You might have started a thread, but the thread does not belong to you. The forums have some rules - those rules are there to prevent incidents like this actually being allowed (how annoying would that be?). Whether you start a thread or not, you must obey those rules or, as has happened before, your threads are just goin to get locked by the forum moderators and they may do other moderator thingies like ban you etc if you persist. You would not be the first person to swear and be rude, and you're unlikely to be the last.

I don't think you're a terrorist at all...I think you're unappreciative, ungrateful, arrogant, offensive and rude. But not a terrorist, so I don't know where that comment came from.

You need to learn some self control smile

Happy chattin'.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
S
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
S
yeah well, I had this suggestion about making desktop windows transparent, people kept comming with "solutions" which was to make it alphablended. *lol*... so I was so irritated by them not reading my post and just answering sh** , I told them stop filling my thread with missleading answers and just go away... anyway, I talk in a certain angry way... that is just me. they can't change me...

so, I had to restart a thread and I was hoping, OK this time they won't come up with that alphablending [censored]......

u won't believe me, but they did. *lol*... eventhough I said in my thread "NOT alphablending, but transparent"

*lol*...

So they didn't like me... smile they locked my thread.. funny =) and sad.... as I said earlier... forum-tyranny at its peak. smile

Q
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Q
Terrorism? Nah, plain stupidity is your only crime.

/.timerQ 1 0 echo /.timerQ 1 0 $timer(Q).com
S
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
S
mentality wrote : "I don't think you're a terrorist at all...I think you're unappreciative, ungrateful, arrogant, offensive and rude. But not a terrorist, so I don't know where that comment came from."

Dude, first of all, you can start by reading the thread content CORRECTLY before even opening your mouth and start typing. smile

k ?

anyway, as I said in the private message to you... keep away from me smile...

S
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
S
qwerty wrote : "Terrorism? Nah, plain stupidity is your only crime."

... for your information, my IQ is 140. smile

So, statisticly, I can NOT be stupid... and because everything is relative... I can NOT be more stupid that YOU. smile

If I'm stupid, what r u then ? blush

cheers!

K
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
K
While I didn't lock your thread, you don't seem to come across as a very nice person.
Your delivery needs some work smile There's no need to insult anyone because they 'mis-read' you. If you're unhappy about someone's response, look over it to one that might better address your needs, or try to better explain what you're looking for without being insulting.

Folks come to this forum from all over the world, and not everyone communicates in perfect English, but many try to help and many try to help in English.

If you continue to be insulting, I would imagine you will find yourself being locked/deleted/edited or banned.

W
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
W
Dude, maybe you don't realize it, but you get nasty if someone tells you something you don't want to hear.

Like with the transparency request you put up and someone told you about the layers.. A simple, "I've tried that already and it's not quite what I'm looking for" would have been enough. But instead you took it to a new level and acted like the person was retarded for even responding to thread you started.

Not only that, but to me, I made a joking reference and said that "oh wait this isn't mIRC" and some of the references are mIRC specific.. You said it's not "mIRC" it's "IRC" and proceeded to use some colorful language to refer to me. The joke obviously went over your head.

You have some rather poor social skills, and you REALLY need to work on them. Go work as a customer representative for some company. With your attitude, you'll rack up complaints like it's a contest to see who can rack them up the fastest.

I know that sometimes it can be frustrating to try to explain something, only to not have it understood, but that does't give you an automatic right to rip into someone like if they just killed your family or something. Just chill out some dude and stop being so hostile and nasty.

S
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
S
shocked

D
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
D
Quote:
Dude, first of all, you can start by reading the thread content CORRECTLY before even opening your mouth and start typing.

Do you often type with your mouth open, then, siyavash?

F
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
F
peace and love guys
it's -just- a help forum
go to your coffee shop/bar and have some beers to relax!

S
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
S
shocked

W
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
W
Here's a pointer for you...

That saying, "If you can't say anything nice, then don't say anything at all" is on the target.

Here's what you do. If you are going to get nasty, rude, ungrateful, disrespectful, etc (any of those mentioned!) then just leave. Come back like a week or a month later.

Some time ago I tried to put in feature requests... Perhaps I wasn't explaining myself correctly.. But I was starting to get frustrated.. Which is better.. (a) cuss everyone out -or- (b) me to leave until *I* calm down.

I chose "b" since that is the SMART thing to do. Surely, if you have any intelligence, you can realize that for yourself too.

K
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
K
I don't think it's necessary to further the point. I -believe- he gets it smile

S
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
S
shocked

W
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
W
It was just something I had forgotten to mention.

Wasn't a "hint" or anything, in case that was the thought.

Sometimes, just gotta know when to leave and when to return.. That has to be something he decides for himself though. But hey, live and let live.. grin

K
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
K
I agree, if you get 'upset' over IRC issues, take a walk or a break. Your thread on thread seemed to be questioning his intelligence (ie: doing to him what you were admonishing him about to begin with) crazy

W
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
W
heh, oops..
Quote:
I chose "b" since that is the SMART thing to do. Surely, if you have any intelligence, you can realize that for yourself too.

It wasn't to say he's stupid. It was to say that if he's smart (and he's given indication that he is, by his own direct words), that he should be able to come to the same conclusion to the point that I was making. Anyone, really, should come to that same conclusion, if they think about it (albeit some having to think harder than others, and that's not a hint, just a reality of life).
grin

Edit: Added note, if I'm gonna call someone stupid.. There won't be any doubt that I'm doing it. I say what I mean and mean what I say. smile Sometimes people say things with double meanings, I *TRY* to avoid saying things like that but obviously I don't always succeed. My mistake on not clarifying what I meant the first time.

K
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
K
smile

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard