mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
S
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
S
Do-able with a script, but it would be nice to have it definable in the options dialog.

Also "profiles" selectable so that you can join network x with nick x and network y with nick y.

W
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
W
I'm kind of with you, kind of not.

Having pre-saved/pre-selected/default nicks per network I think is a great idea.

But the only time you truly want to have automatic connections is when it's a bot that you are running. Other than that, you want some way to load up mIRC and decide if you want to do your usual thing, or do something different.

Yes, it is scriptable..
Code:
ON *:start:tokenize 32 network1 network2 network3 | while ( $2 ) { server -m $1 | tokenize 32 $2- } | server $1

smile
Plop that into the remotes, only 1 line long, and it'll do what ya want for the automatic joining of servers when you start mIRC.

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
The multiple server connect on startup suggestion has been made before, I think more than once. One such time is here.

I think this would be a nice feature. As you can see from above though, it's very easily scripted and as far as I know, as scripting is an mIRC feature (I mean it has it's own scripting language) things that are easily scriptable generally aren't turned into features.

I could also see it as being a little annoying....let's say you want to only connect to one network for a quick 10 minute chat (I often do this in the mornings) - you might not want to connect to all 3 networks, because then you have to say "heya" to everyone and then "bye" to everyone, which can take up that 10 minutes without even chatting! You would have to quickly go to each network window and disconnect it quickly before you connected and, perhaps, automatically join your regular channels...it'd annoy me anyway!

My 2 cents.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
W
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
W
Exactly my point...

Never the less..
Code:
on *:START:.timerstart 1 10 start.networks
F10 if ( $timer(start) ) { .timerstart off | echo -ag Auto connection cancelled. } | else { echo -ag Auto connection was not active. }
alias start.networks {
  tokenize 32 (insert network names here, seperated by a space)
  while ( $0 > 1 ) { server -m $1 $nicknames($1) | tokenize 32 $2- }
  server $1 $nicknames($1)
}
alias nicknames {
  if ( $1 == networkname1 ) { return -i nick1a nick1b }
  if ( $1 == networkname2 ) { return -i nick2a nick2b }
 ... etc ...
}

smile

Link Copied to Clipboard