mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
W
Wolfie Offline OP
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
W
Ok, like, !&@%+- or whatever other founder/op/hop/voice/other modes there are appear at the top of the screen..

Now, I could have sworn that there was the ability to do this, but I have been unable to find it.. To decide the order of the nicklist..

Like, ordered by who was in first, or alphabetical..
/nicklist # <-ajLu> -p#<nick>,<nick>,<nick> -p#<nick>, etc

-a = alphabetically listed
-j = order that guests join (although when you join, it's sorted alphabetically, but others after that are at the bottom unless they op/voice up
-L = lowercase first (by first letter of course)
-U = uppercase first

-p#<nick>,,,<nick> = (p)osition to insert nick(s) at

or on a lower scale.. to just be able to have a choice from alphabetical or join-order

and if this is already available.. could someone PLEASE tell me where???
grin

P
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
P
AND the ability to define whether non-alphanumeric characters are shown BEFORE the alphanumeric ones (like mIRC does now) or AFTER (like mIRC used to do)!

I'm a self-confessed options freak - being able to play with the nicklist order would be great grin

PM

IRCnet & DALnet @#travelersinn
:-: IRC for fun and relaxation :-:
W
Wolfie Offline OP
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
W
I think I meant to include that (but obviously I didn't)..

Also, being able to control a-z or z-a ordering..

The real idea behind the request is that if you are in a room that is a support room, and you help the people in the order that they come in, it'll make it easier to keep track of them if the one on top of the list is the next one in line to be helped.

grin

P
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
P
Quote:
it'll make it easier to keep track of them if the one on top of the list is the next one in line to be helped

I think that's a great idea. laugh

PM

IRCnet & DALnet @#travelersinn
:-: IRC for fun and relaxation :-:
L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
sure, Ill go for this. Another suggestion made recently I might even use smile

Those who fail history are doomed to repeat it
W
Wolfie Offline OP
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
W
yeah and I just remembered something else..

Make it so that if you click a name (or multiple names) and hold down like CTRL or another key while move the mouse upward, it would move those names to the new spot you specify.

However, that could probably be done by means of redefining the F keys, so that the name(s) you pick get bumped up or down.
Example: var %x | tokenize 32 $replace($snicks,$chr(44),$chr(32)) | while ( $0 ) { var %x = %x $+(-p,$calc($nick(#,$1) -1),$1) | tokenize 32 $2- } | if ( %x ) { nicklist %x }
That'd move each nick up one spot. Useful if you rejoin the room and someone tells you the order the nicks are really in or you want to keep an eye on a certain 'bunch' that are known troublemakers.

grin

Oh, yeah, and each room would retain it's own settings (as you can do with the font controls, etc), so there'd be "default" "status/alphabetical" and "join order" - only tricky decision would be deciding if only the non-statused users be in join order, or each group, even though @'s, %'s and +'s would start at the top but names would still be join order.

bleh...

Link Copied to Clipboard