mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
Hello,
I've 3 little issues with Regex (I'm not sure the both first are resolvable, but it would be good if yes wink )

1°) $regsub(,,$alias(\1),)
Code:
; Is it possible to send backreference to be processed in an alias right away in the $regsub ? for example:
var %x, %i = $regsub(blabla,/(a)/g,$upper(\1),%x) | echo -a %x ...
; ... would give blAblA ! (perhaps a good feature for a next version ? if nobody has already asked for)

2°) $regex(,[$null])
Code:
var %test = $null
var %string = bla;0;bla
var %pat = ;(0|[ $+ %test $+ ]);
$regex(%string,%pat)

With this variables, $regex doesn't work (* error message) because pattern corresponds to (0|[]) if %test is $null, whereas %string has a 0 between the both ;;
Does a mean exits so that the $regex works ? In the way where 0 corresponds to the (re)search , $regex wouldn't need to check if the second condition 'OR' (|[]) is good or not.. because the first is valid !
It's the [] without value in which is the problem in fact.. possible to bypass this issue ?!
(However, %test could have a value in certain case, and %string don't have always 0 but the value of %test, so, don't say me "Remove your [ $+ %test $+ ] it is useless :tongue:" (except if it is the only solution))

3°) $regex
I have trouble making a 'search profil' to check the presence of a character in a string as:
Code:
var %test = b
var %string = gni;abc;gni
var %pat = gni;(.?.?[ $+ %test $+ ].?.?);gni
$regex(%string,%pat)

The purpose beiing to know if %test is in ;abc;, however %test can take a, b, or c value
and %string can contain ;abc; or just ;ab; or ;ac; or ;b; etc...
The example i've given works fine, but there is perhaps easier ? :]

Thanks smile
(& sorry for my english)

-Be cool with my English-
irc.EpiKnet.org:#scripts
O
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
O
1°) PHP, Javascript and possibly other languages like Perl allow you to do that, but mIRC doesn't. It would be a great feature suggestion laugh

2°) What you get is a pattern compilation error that always makes $regex return 0. PCRE (the regex engine) just can't handle [], it seems.

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
1) No it can't be done currently. Of course you can take the long route and use $regml(), but depending on the exact pattern it can get very complicated sometimes. This is something I'd very much like to see.

2) Change: var %pat = ;(0|[ $+ %test $+ ]); to var %pat = ;(0 $+ $iif(%test != $null, |[ $+ %test $+ ]) $+ );
I haven't tested that but it should work.

Spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, and stupid comments are intentional.
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
Thanks a lot for yours both answers wink

In fact, the examples i've given are just extracts of more complicated $regsub & $regex pattern (for the 1st point, i will search another solution that $regml() ), but for the 2nd issue, i haven't thought about an $iif() condition, thx for the idea, i will try that wink

-Be cool with my English-
irc.EpiKnet.org:#scripts
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Hi,

regarding your first suggestion, yes, I would love to see that enabled as well, it would be really handy.

Of course I don't know in what context you want to make use of that feature (probably a lot more advanced), but to give an example of an ugly hack to get the required result:

Code:

alias test {
  var %x, %i = $regsub($1-,/(a)/g,$cr \$+ \$upper(\1) \$+ $cr,%x) 
  echo -a $remove($(%x,2),$cr) 
}

/test blablabla and haha -> blAblAblA And hAhA

Of course one could do $replace($1-,a,A) but that's besides the point.

Greets

Last edited by FiberOPtics; 29/05/04 11:56 AM.

Gone.

Link Copied to Clipboard