mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#80254 23/04/04 03:14 AM
L
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
L
I'm making a script for fun in my channel. The people that come to my channel love these things. I'm wondering if someone can give me a script when someone types !kick me. It'll automatically kick them when i have OPS. Is that possible? If so post the code. Thanks. I dont want to ban them. I only want to kick them. If the kick is not possible maybe ban them for 1 second. Thanks. grin

#80255 23/04/04 05:53 AM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Code:
ON *:TEXT:*:#: {
  if (!kick me isin $1- && $me isop #) {
    kick # $nick Your wish is my command - begoneskies.
  }
}
It's possible to do the same with a slightly smaller script but with this you can add other commands if you want to expand it later.

#80256 23/04/04 06:23 AM
S
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
S
This is a place where programmers and/or scripters can seek guidance with problems in their code. I was unaware this was a 'I don't know how to do it please make it for me' forum.

mIRC has a help file. You could have at least shown some personal effort in reading that help file. Begin by typing /help on text

#80257 23/04/04 06:53 AM
I
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I
on @*:text:!kickme:#Yourchan:kick # $nick punt!

The '@' prefix means this will only trigger if you are opped on #Yourchan.

#80258 23/04/04 02:36 PM
L
OP Offline
L
This is a place where programmers and/or scripters can seek guidance with problems in their code. I was unaware this was a 'I don't know how to do it please make it for me' forum.

mIRC has a help file. You could have at least shown some personal effort in reading that help file. Begin by typing /help on text
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Maybe I didnt understand it <deleted by moderator>! Im not you.

Last edited by ParaBrat; 25/04/04 09:54 PM.
#80259 23/04/04 08:01 PM
S
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
S
Watchdog gave you this code:

Quote:
ON *:TEXT:*:#: { if (!kick me isin $1- && $me isop #) { kick # $nick Your wish is my command - begoneskies. }}

The help file says this:

Quote:

The on TEXT event triggers when you receive private and/or channel messages.

Format: on <level>:TEXT:<matchtext>:<*><?><#[,#]>:<commands>
Example: on 1:TEXT:*help*:#mirc,#irchelp:/msg $nick what's the problem?

What it does, the format of how it works, plus an example.

Youre telling me that you understand what Watchdog gave you, versus the helpfile, which explains in a detailed page exactly how the event works? That is <deleted by moderator>. Not understanding the help is not an excuse, once again, you could have shown some effort by making an attempt yourself.
I highly doubt you gave it one look.

Quote:
Beginners won't learn anything unless given a head start. You obviously haven't learnt much from the mental thrashing you copped in an adjacent thread here. Do everyone a favour and keep your snot nose attitude to yourself, to date, it's only you that seems to be impressed by it.

Right. And the place to start is the help file WD. It gives an example, and explains how it works. In fact it gives at least 5 examples of how the ON TEXT event works. Thats not a head start? He could have shown some effort, and you know it.

Last edited by ParaBrat; 25/04/04 09:52 PM.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Post deleted by MIMP

#80261 24/04/04 06:20 AM
W
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
W
Hey guys, I'm not a monitor of these boards or anything, but might I recommend that those who are mature show some restraint, and those who like to treat newbies like trash just shut up to begin with? (For those who can do logical deductions, you can figure out who I complimented and who I think is being a bit of a jerk).

Yes, they could look in the help file.. But instead of being nasty about it, saying that they could get more information by typing the "/help on text" would give them an idea where to look without calling them stupid. (When you first did any sort of programming, were you so brilliant that you could understand everything instantly? I didn't think you were.)

Anyway, I think that'd be a funny function to make.. I just might include it myself. laugh

S
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
S
Post deleted by MIMP

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Post deleted by MIMP

#80264 25/04/04 09:14 PM
S
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
S
Typing /help remote tells you about events:

"All of the following Events use the same general format except for the ctcp and raw events. The sections below provide you with information on each event as well as examples and tips on how to use them."

With a large list. including TEXT shocked

There are also various intro to scripting tutorials across the web that don't take too much trouble to find.

#80265 25/04/04 10:10 PM
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
SoulEater & LordAcid: enough with the name calling and insults. If you cant disagree with common courtesy then take it private.

There are thousands of threads where ppl help others with scripting issues. There are thousands of posts where the poster could have found their answer in the help file or FAQ. We are here to help users. If they find an explanation easier in a more one on one setting, or to get tips on where to find more info, thats what we're here for. We are NOT here to insult ppl because they ask for help, be they beginnner or more advanced. Of course some ppl are either unsure of how to find what they need or are unwilling to try. Thats life in the wonderful world of helping others. Deal with it.

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
S
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
S
Post deleted by MIMP

W
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
W
Post deleted by MIMP

S
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
S
Post deleted by MIMP

W
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
W
Post deleted by MIMP

S
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
S
Post deleted by MIMP

#80271 26/04/04 10:52 PM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Do you not think this has gone far enough?

Constant bickering, particularly surrounding you and people's problems with your attitude are becoming really tiresome. I would *personally* have a lot more respect for you if you just didn't rise to people's comments.

This is not a "win or lose" game, NEITHER of you are helping anyone.

People have different views on when people should ask for help - clearly you believe people should look in the help file, and try their best and hardest to figure it out for themselves first before coming to people like us for help. Other people do not mind people coming to ask for help without even trying to help themselves first - often due to the fact that mIRC can be extremely complicated so help files and the like can look confusing even at the first glance.

Either way, it is NOT a place for you to bicker between your points of views. People WILL ask for help without trying themselves - it has always been like that ever since people have ever needed help on IRC and it will stay like that. As Para said, deal with it. If you're not prepared to deal with it, stop constantly arguing here and take it to private, or don't help here at all.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris

Link Copied to Clipboard