mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
W
Wolfie Offline OP
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
W
but is there any easy way to convert a mIRC script to a mIRC DLL (and I know that the DLL is really a Windows DLL just used/called upon by mIRC, but let's not split hairs on the precise wording)
smile

More importantly, is that a good way to make an identifier that should be available to any script that was made knowing about the function?

I recently developed my own little identifier for clone detecting (needs to be better tested but so far seems to be rather sturdy/accurate) so that its easier to make clone detecting scripts (long story short, it's like using $ialchan but only reports addresses with multiple nicks in a room)

So anyone that can design the script I made into a DLL - and interested in toying with the script, please let me know.
grin

F
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
F
Hi!

Just a remind: mIRC script is an interpreted language and dlls are compiled binaries usually in C, C++ or VB.
I never saw a "mIRC script to C++ converter" or something similar, so the best way is to start from scratch and compile your own program.

S
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
S
no its not possible. not even fathomable.

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
Basically no there isn't, at least not in a practical way. I suppose it could technically be done in that the DLL could SendMessage all the relevant commands to mIRC provided the DLL was called with the correct events, but it would be completely pointless and would only serve to make the script larger and much slower. I'm not really sure why you want to put it into a DLL at all...

Spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, and stupid comments are intentional.
L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
If it's already been asked a million times before, it's also been answered a million times before. Asking again is therefor pointless as the answer isn't going to change.....

DALnet #Helpdesk
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand. -Confucius
S
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
S
thats an interesting idea.

Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
its possible, but its not practical =/

Link Copied to Clipboard