Print Thread
S
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
S
Well been in awesomechat...
frankly the chat contains great people BUT
some of the Operators are real jerks (excuse my language)
I am outraged at some that seems to have something against
gays & lesbians - they simply treat anyone that accepts "their way" as garbage for that.
Really in some countries they speak of democracy but the rights for gay's & lesbians are simply dead shut,,, why's that ?! Are they affraid that people might find that "normal".
HEY wake up - it is NORMAL !!! for people doin that.
If there are any that doesn't do like lesbians or gays do (incl here are also bisexuals) - Then DON'T. Don't MAKE the lesbians, gay's & bisexuals become heterosexuals. They are not even trying to impose their way of living to heterosexuals. Open your minds people - we are not living in ancient history. This is reality in our time RIGHT NOW.

Last edited by SomebodySweden; 17/04/04 01:12 AM.
C
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
C
Hi well its a nice rant BUT awesomechat isnt a mirc server its a network with as far as I can see no affiliations with the mirc chat client. However I agree with you to a point except that networks like awesomechat are run by private individuals who can actually set their own morals. If they decide not to allow gay/bi chat then basically it is up to them. I would suggest that you take a look at other networks where you will find plenty of the chat rooms that may interest you.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
As the first reply mentions, mIRC and IRC are basically two different things. mIRC allows one to access IRC and lets the user see the chatroom via the GUI.

RE: The politics of IRC, IRC isn't meant to be and has never been a democratic process. Failure to accept this will reduce your ability to enjoy what IRC does usually offer. IRC is in most cases an invitiation for people to connect to someone's computer and therefore the owner of that computer (and their appointed staff, if any) are basically the surpreme commanders, though many try to not portray that image, including me.

This basically means that each owner has the right to determine who gets to connect to their computer, which in itself is not unreasonable, it's no different to a landlord deciding who is allowed to enter their house. The said owner also gets to set what conditions apply to those allowed to connect. For the life of me I don't understand why someone's sexual preference should be a consideration as this cannot be determined on the internet without uses volunteering their personal details, that said, the owner still has the right to restrict access to whoever they like, based on religion, colour, political persuasion, sex/transgender/preference, the country they come from, whether they have weird hairstyles/colours, 50 earrings, is married to a yowie and any other petty reason they see fit. My view is that none of the above are worthy reasons to restrict people, but there are people that arn't as understanding as I, and alot of other people, are.

The good news is that there are hundreds of other servers that will accept people from all walks of life. Run through your mIRC server/network listing or visit sites like http://irc.netsplit.de/ which log network activity and just pick one at random.

In finishing, while I said that it's a server owners right to make their own choices, it's also their loss if they make a bad choice.

N
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
N
Awesome reply Watchdog. Impressive to say the least.

S
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
S
Watchdog !

Great reply & outlined answer smile

Your reply is the best I've seen in years.
I hope your considering a job with diplomatic relations.
GREAT JOB !!! wink

Link Copied to Clipboard