mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
R
Rec Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
R
Recently Undernet has been plagued by spammers using a list of users and doing private message querying. I think a good feature of mIRC would be to disable private messages, but also have an exception list of people that you would accept messages from.

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
/ignore -p *!*@*

would do that for you..

if ($me != tired) { return } | else { echo -a Get a pot of coffee now $+($me,.) }
R
Rec Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
R
I thought /ignore -p *!*@* would ignore all private messages. Does it exclude private messages from the address book?

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
it ignores all yes.. but if u want i have a small addon you can use, in it you can add ur friends to a level, then they will be able to message you and the rest wont

if ($me != tired) { return } | else { echo -a Get a pot of coffee now $+($me,.) }
S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
It would ignore all private messages, however you could then use /ignore -x somenick!ident@blah.com to exclude people from being ignored.

Spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, and stupid comments are intentional.
R
Rec Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
R
Thanks, guys. I should have assumed mIRC had this capability already. I think for now using the -x option of /ignore is the way to go.

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
So many ppl either block all dccs/queries, or run a script limiting dcc/queries to a user list. Some kind of easy to use trusted user list feature (like we have for accepting dcc sends) for all dcc and queries would prolly be a useful addition. So simple to use that ppl could add (perm or temp) or remove a user from their trusted list with a right click on a nick.

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
This is a generic reply:

I personally would like to see the option to add channels to the ignore list.

Say for instance:

/ignore -p *!*@*.*,#channel

This would ignore everyone that is currently in #channel

If one person exists in #channel, and also exists in #channel1, they won't be ignored in #channel1, only in #channel.
This would be applicable to most of the other switches in the ignore command, including -x.

You could also specify more channels via this:

/ignore -p*!*@*.*,#channel1,#channel2,#channelN

Yes, you certainly can script a "blacklist" or a "trusted user" list (I've done it, it uses hash tables and an on OPEN event).
But, I would like to see the ignore list become a little easier to use smile

--------
mIRC - fun for all the family (except grandma and grandpa)
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
If User1 is in #channel and #channel1, and you use the -p switch, how does mIRC know whether to ignore User1 or not? PMs have nothing to do with the channel a user is in, so surely you couldn't ignore PMs from everyone in just one channel, but not if their in another channel you're in.

I know you said "they won't be ignored in #channel1, only in #channel." but that would only apply to channel messages (-c) not the other (private) ignore switches, such as -t, -d, -n and -p etc..so how would that work?

I would too like to see a channel ignore method of some sort, mainly due to flood bots etc - however, they often flood with part messages or channel notices, or even querying every user in the channel, or DCCing every user - did your suggestion only apply to specific messages sent in a #channel?

Regards,

Mentality/Chris

Link Copied to Clipboard