Print Thread
#78543 08/04/04 11:28 PM
Z
Zeusbwr Offline OP
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
Z
Im just curious if there is a way to make mirc (6.14) not keep creating those damned folders "sounds", "downloads", and "channels" anyone know? i delete them, then mirc creates them again. Thanks smile

#78544 09/04/04 06:09 AM
T
tye Offline
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
T
Nope, mIRC will always create them if they don't exist.

Tye on Undernet and DALnet
#78545 09/04/04 07:25 AM
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
in mIRC's options (hold down your alt key and click the o key) under sounds--->requests you can specify where you have the various sound files (wav, mp3,oog,etc). under dcc-->folders, it allows you to specify dcc get directories where received files will be placed according to their extension.
You can also specify where you want log files to go. When you right click on the list and choose save, you can specify name and where you want the list to go. hrm, altho i think it will also go to channels directory anyway. i'll have to check

EDIT: if you delete the channel folder in mIRC directory, right click on the list and pick where you want to save it to, it wont create mIRC\channels. If you already have that directory tho, it will be saved in both that folder and the one you chose. If in the channels list icon you empty the "use file" box before you get a list, it wont save it, so no mIRC\channel is created

Last edited by ParaBrat; 09/04/04 07:42 AM.

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
#78546 09/04/04 05:44 PM
Z
Zeusbwr Offline OP
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
Z
ok im confused, with the sounds folder, what am i sposed to do? i tried going to Sounds->Requests or whatever, and instead of having it save to sounds folder, i chose the main mIRC directory (so it wont create a new folder) and hit ok, but then it resets to the sound folder, same thing with the DCC Save folders. and the channel folder im lost on..... help lol

*edit* okade a directory for the sounds folder and downloads folder inside the "log" folder. so thats taken care of, but im still amazingly lost on the channel folder.

Last edited by Zeusbwr; 09/04/04 06:32 PM.
#78547 10/04/04 05:12 AM
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
if you do NOT want to save the channel list:
1.go to windows explorer, in your main mIRC directory, see if you have a folder named channels. if you do, delete it.

2.get your list with the /list command. in the window with the list you got, right click and choose "list options"

3.in the channel list dialog window that opens, empty the Use Folder and Match text boxes (just mouse click on the text to highlight and click on your delete key). click the ok

4.in the window with the channel list (which is still open) just click the X to close it. It wont be saved and no channels folder will be created.

if you DO want to save it, but not to a folder named channels:

1.1.go to windows explorer, in your main mIRC directory, see if you have a folder named channels. if you do, delete it. Create a folder you want to save it in if you dont already have one in mind.

2.get your list with the /list command. in the window with the list you got, right click and choose Save.

3. in the dialog that opens, pick the directory you want it saved to.

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet

Link Copied to Clipboard