mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
S
Squirm Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
S
I use mIRC with a black background and as such, most of the colours of the nicks in my list are light, such as white, yellow, and sky blue. The problem is that when modifying my nick colours list (Address Book --> Colors tab), it is impossible to read most of the nicks because of the white background the list has. I have to literally highlight each nick in turn to make it readable, and with some 107 nicks in my list, no longer being sorted alphabetically (they used to be???), its getting tedious.

So, can we get this address book nicklist backcolour to match the backcolour of the channel nicklists?

Many thanks. smile

PS: Apologies if this has been covered before. I did a search but was unable to turn up this specific item.

L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
Go to the colors icon (the crayons), click on a blank spot of the nicklist, select your color of choice and voila, the nicklist backround color is whatever you want it to be (including black)

Those who fail history are doomed to repeat it
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
I fink he means ALT+B > Colors and changin' the background colour of the text boxes cuz he uses light colours.

I agree with this, the background colour on the display screen should match the one on the nicklist, or at least an option to have this set. So, it's not adding customisable support for dialogs or anything (don't wanna get into another one of those big discussions!) but it just acts like the ALT+K dialog where the colours change depending on what's set.

Good suggestion IMO smile

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO * ploink* Im sorry. if that's what he meant then yes, it should be changable smile Im for it and this could be listed on the colors choice as "menu backround" or something like that

Those who fail history are doomed to repeat it

Link Copied to Clipboard