Print Thread
#78011 05/04/04 06:59 AM
M
mok Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
M
I was trying to add a custom CTCP version reply to my mIRC, but I am still not getting any luck at all. I checked the mirc.hlp and found this command that were being used, I do not have much knowledge about the scripting language used or how some commands work. Here's the command I use

on 1:CTCPREPLY:VERSION*:/echo $nick testing testing...

I don't get my own Custom CTCP Version reply at all using that, can someone please let me knwo if i am using the right code? Thanks!

P
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
P
Under /help ctcp events you will find this:

Quote:
Note: You can't prevent the standard version reply from being sent.

You cannot change mIRC's version reply without making changes to the executable - which is prohibited by the terms of the license agreement.

PM

IRCnet & DALnet @#travelersinn
:-: IRC for fun and relaxation :-:
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
You can add to the existing reply with something like this:
Code:
CTCP ^*:VERSION: {
    .ctcpreply $nick VERSION I am using <my script name here>
    echo $colour(ctcp) -ta $nick is doing a version check on you
    haltdef
  }
}

As Pastmaster said though, you can't change the original reply without hacking mIRC and even that option is probably not available now. I seem to remember some comments about mIRC ceasing to work if it was modified which is probably a good thing.

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Just a couple o' added notes:

You can view the License Agreement (that you agreed to) by typing /help license agreement in mIRC.

There was a bit of a debate here about the hacking of the mIRC.exe - whilst it doesn't strictly pertain to the changing of the version reply, you get the idea smile

Happy scriptin'!

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
M
mok Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
M
Oh no, I am not gonna change the default CTCP Version reply, I am just trying to add one along with the default one. Anyway, the code works great! Thanks a lot for the help smile

M
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
M
It does actually say how to do this in the help file. I done that for my mIRC script. It is really simple.

Code:
on 1:VERSION: {
  notice $nick Then your response goes here!
  halt
}

It is a pretty simple little script really.

Adrenaline starts to flow, thrashing all around, acting like a maniac, WHIPLASH!!!

Link Copied to Clipboard