Print Thread
#77774 04/04/04 01:19 AM
I
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
I
Hello,

I get tired of seeing certain things in IRC like the "xxxxx is playing "yyyy" in server ip: zzz.zzz.zzz.zzz", or advertisements by certain people. I could also do without seeing certain cuss words.

So basically what I'm asking for, is a way to filter out certain messages, and bleep out words.

#77775 09/04/04 12:41 AM
N
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
N
Hey, why do you think mirc has such a powerful scripting engine? :P

#77776 09/04/04 03:25 AM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I am with you on that one. Chat rooms are filled with so much bullshit (largely due to script writers of the more narcissistic kind just wanting to advertise their script) these days and the last thing I need to know is what song others are listening to - hence the need for a basic filter which I made for my script. It is just an ON TEXT, ON CTCP and ON ACTION effort that listens for tokens like .MP3, etc. It's possible for such scripts to filter out parts of a legitimate conversation but I have never encountered this.

Admittedly, and due to a huge barrage of pressure, I distribute a script with both the MP3 banner (turned off by default) and the above-mentioned filter, but I have made an attempt to make both as unintrusive as possible. On the network I use there are rooms that simply don't even allow them when accompanied by script advertising, something that is beneficial in my view.

Link Copied to Clipboard