mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
B
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
B
Hi,

I have a HTTP proxy which supports CONNECT to arbitrary ports. So obviously, both DCC GET, as well as actually connecting to IRC servers should work fine (and does, in Trillian).

I have my proxy set up to handle Both (dcc and Server), type of firewall - Proxy. This is a proxy requiring authentication, but I believe this bug also is reproducible on proxies not requiring authentication.

I can connect fine to irc servers.
However, on trying to receive a dcc send (dcc GET), what happens is that the connection attempt times out, its unable to establish the dcc connection.

On netstat-ing at the same time as I accept the dcc send, I see a TCP connection in SYN_SENT state to the host Im trying to receive from, and the port that that host is listening on

For e.g.
adsl-63-206-90-1.dsl.snfc21.pacbell.net:3349

Now this connection is being made, bypassing my Proxy altogether...thats clearly an issue of some sort, why isnt it using my Proxy, and trying to issue a

CONNECT adsl-63-206-90-62.dsl.snfc21.pacbell.net:3349 HTTP/1.1?

Anything that I can do to assist you debug, let me know..Im a network programmer myself, who deals with proxies a lot, so I "can" help.

bluethought
Developer, HTTP-Tunnel Inc

W
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
W
Aaah, i can see this little issue is not solved yet.

I reported this situation in this forum a few months ago for mIRC 6.12, where "my" miRC was configured to use both DCC and SERVER connections through a HTTP Proxy. DCC CHATS received would work but DCC GETs (Receive a file) didn't, because mIRC just ignores the proxy configuration for DCC GET.

I thought it would be fixed in this new version but it seems not.

Cheers [ ]

P.S. I'm a port tunneling software fan grin

B
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
B
Interestingly, it seems that this is the case with the SOCKS 4/5 proxy cases too....reported to me by a few people.
Ill check that out too and post.

V
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
V
I use the same software as bluethought (Mirc 6.14) and have attempted using sock4&5 set to localhost (my SOCKS proxy) to DCC get.

My DCCs always time-out due to the fact that they are not being directed to my proxy but instead they are attempting to make a direct connection through a port that has been disabled.

For example:
While running a netstat directly after initializing DCC it shows a TCP Syn_Sent at IP 38.115.XXX.XXX:4019 while it should be sending the TCP connection to SOCKS proxy.

Let me know if there's anything I can do for you to help you resolve this issue.

Valkyr

S
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
S
Will this problem ever get solved ???
or is there anywalkaround for this ?? ( Without touching the proxy or having an external host )

--
Regards,
Sridhar Vashist cool
http://shredderz-realm.tripod.com
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
This should be fixed in the new mIRC 6.15!
73.Fixed dcc get via http proxy/socks bug.

Link Copied to Clipboard