mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
koitsu Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
I apologise if this is mentioned somewhere else ahead of time, but all the DCC-related bug reports here seem somewhat... well, somewhat sparse. This report will probably fix quite a few other DCC-related issues people have been posting about, though...

When specifying a DCC port range to use for outgoing DCC transfers (DCC SEND), the range specified is not accurate -- the "End" port is actually 1 higher than what you specify.

I use TCP ports 54000-54009 for my DCCs (and only DCCs), and this has been driving me nuts. However, as mIRC sat around seemingly doing nothing (and the remote user stating they couldn't connect), I indeed verified using netstat -an:

Code:
  TCP    0.0.0.0:54010          0.0.0.0:0              LISTENING

This is incorrect behaviour. :-) It's possible this may be induced by using the "Use random ports" option, but I haven't turned it off to confirm if that's what's causing it. Either way, there's definitely a port range problem.

Workaround: Instead of specifying 54000-54009, specify 54000-54008.

If this could be fixed, it would be appreciated.

Thanks!

C
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
C
I'm using a range like that for DCC too and experienced the same behaviour. mIRC doesn't really fit to the specified port-range. It uses "lastport"+1.
switching on /debug before sending helped me to find out what's going on. smile

Link Copied to Clipboard