D
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
D
Good old BASIC had a nice feature:

Print "Hello ";
Print "there!"

Would print "Hello there!" with no linefeed at the end of the first line because of that semicolon. Is there similar feature in mIRC scripts? So far I haven't found a way to do this.

I have script that (on certain channel) displays all users who are here (i.e. not /away). I use loop to collect nicks to certain %variable (nick1 nick2 nick3 nick4 ...). Problems occur when that %variable comes too large (940 bytes or something?) i.e. there are about 150 or more users on the channel. It would be really nice to /echo just one nick at the time with that semicolon thing similar to BASIC. Such feature would be handy in many occasions. Please tell me it's there but I've just missed it. smile

O
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
O
I see what you mean, but it's not possible with the current commands mIRC offers. I hope this tight limit will be raised (or even cancelled) in future versions.

I *think* this global limit is there just because mIRC can't store longer variables in its remote.ini file.

D
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
D
Ok. Thank you anyway.

To my "who are not away on #channel" script even unlimited length for %variables would't help much. I check with /who #channel command and RAW-event (RPL_WHOREPLY 352) who have H (here) flag set and add their nicks to certain %variable. IRC-server wil disconnect me for flooding if there are hundreds of users on #channel and I do /who #channel. Now I have to check how many users there are on the #channel and halt script if it's too many for the server and for mIRC %variables to handle.

Even though it's not only %variable length thing in this case, longer %variables would be useful since they can be handled so easily in mIRC ($sorttok, $findtok...).

O
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
O
A wise server should queue massive /who replies as much as it does when you request a /list. If it attempts to send you everything at once, chances are that your SendQ will exceed quickly.

Quote:
Even though it's not only %variable length thing in this case, longer %variables would be useful since they can be handled so easily in mIRC ($sorttok, $findtok...).

I agree, but there are alternatives. You can store your data in a hash table and use $hfind to get the desired results, or you can store your data in a window or a file and use /filter to sort them instantly.

Link Copied to Clipboard