mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#75276 15/03/04 02:42 AM
O
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
O
I an using MIRC with aol as my ISP. I am however having problems with MIRC working properly. I connect through EFNET, however after I am connected MIRC starts to move low or sluggish and becomes hard for me to maneuver beween the channels and searching through the channels. MIRc completely slows down and eventually I have to do an improper shutdown of MIRC. I am assuming that it might be aol that is causing the problem with MIRC. Is there anything other than getting rid of AOL, that I can do to fix this problem with MIRC & AOL?

Thanks in advance.

#75277 15/03/04 09:34 AM
T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
always assume the worst wink
get a firewall, maybe someones flooding you.

New username: hixxy
#75278 15/03/04 03:08 PM
N
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
N
i had the same problem before with my mother computer.. turns out the aol program uses up a WHOLE LOT of cpu which causes things to move sluggishly. in my opinion there is nothing worse than aol. my advice is when on mirc close any programs u dont need open so u can free up some cpu. if that doesnt work then u may need to think about upgrading yer computer.. i find that this is most likely the case when running something on a pentium 1 or 2

-Nick (Darko)
-Admin irc.aussiechat.org
-#Chatzone, #helpdesk
#75279 16/03/04 10:21 AM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Contrary to the advice of Tidytrax, getting a firewall won't necessarily stop someone DDoSing you, though having a good firewall is certainly a good idea. At the same time ditch AO-Hell and get an ISP that will let you use the services you want instead of what they want you to have.

Link Copied to Clipboard