mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#74514 09/03/04 04:06 AM
S
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
S
k i just recently ot an irc channel, but the only thing is that i cant figure out how to become an admin. Can someone plz help me with this problem.

#74515 09/03/04 05:09 AM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Generally, an "admin" refers to someone who owns and runs a server on a network (aka Server Administrator).

If you mean get ops (@) in the channel, then there could be a couple of things preventing this:

- Someone has already registered the channel. Some networks, like DALnet, Undernet and QuakeNet, have channel services that let people "own" their own channel. If a channel is reg'd on a network you cannot get ops in it without another ops permission. For further info, ask in the network's #Help channel.

- Someone is already in there. You can only gain ops in a channel if you own it through channel services OR if the channel is empty and you're the first one to join it.

We have no control over who gets ops in channels I'm afraid. Quite simply, if you /join an empty channel and don't get ops you can't have it.

Again, ask in the network's #Help channel to obtain further information and maybe more possibilities.

G'luck!

Regards,

Mentality/Chris

Link Copied to Clipboard