mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#73588 04/03/04 03:06 AM
G
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
G
- moved the port range options, which now applies to all connections, to a /Connect/Advanced/ dialog,

Why was this moved? Makes no sense to move it out of the DCC Options...but thats just my opinion...

#73589 04/03/04 07:07 AM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
First off I wondered why too, but the more I think about it the more it makes sense, although I cannot give a definite 100% answer.

My logic to it is that anything to do with port settings etc is a more 'Advanced' section to edit, and so put in the 'Advanced' dialog. The IdentD port isn't placed there because there is very rarely a need to change the port number. DCC default ports are changed all the time though due to Firewalls and routers etc etc.

Don't worry too much though, just like every other time, if you leave it for a couple of days you'll get used to it. Think of it like a pair of new shoes! Feels a little uncomfortable at first until their worn in. As someone once said, "GUI changes get the most complaints" - There's probably a big psychological reason behind this, however, it's just because people get used to something and then it's changed, and not everyone likes change.

My 2 cents.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
#73590 04/03/04 07:40 AM
T
T
A restriction was removed which forced you to select a DCC port greater than 1024. This is great! I can finally initiate a DCC connection since the Internet connection I'm on only allows me to have incoming connections on certain ports (which are lower than 1024). Thank you for removing the restriction! grin

Link Copied to Clipboard