mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
A
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
A
why does mirc 6.12 seem to lag every 30 seconds or so when in channels with more than 500 users. the problem is amplifed as you join more channels with more than 500 users. all scripting is removed and the window buffer is set to 2500. i'm using winxp pro on duron 1.3ghz, asus a7v, 768mb ram, 40gig HD. i have ignore on *!*@*.* and exempt a limited few users, so i only see their traffic. joins/parts/quits/modes/nicks are all set to off in events handling.

T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
whenever i join a channel with 100 or more users i get disconnected ;\
at first i thought it was because i /who a channel on join, but i took that out and still have the same problem.

New username: hixxy
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
My script works perfectly in large rooms. You both need to unload all files then join the room that affects your script.

After that just load each file in turn until you get nailed. Chances are that the last file you loaded has the problem in it.

A
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
A
That's just it, i'm not running any scripts at all. it does it no matter wot on channels with more than 500 users. mostly in channels with 1000 and more. i'm usually in 2 or more channels with 1000+ users. i went back to 5.91 and it doesn't have the same problem. the problem is in 6.x only it appears.

R
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
R
Im not too sure how the "ignore" functions work "under the hood" but I think the client must still have to do something with all the text within the channel? It cant just straight out "block" the text I dont think.....thats like various "Channel Filters" yea, itll make your chatting a lot easier, but it wont stop the bandwidth usage, because the text must be "received" before it can be "filtered".

Does this make sense?

T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
does it have anything to do with mircs in built flood protection?

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Not that I am aware of, mine is set to whatever the default it as I never touch it.

T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
well instead of unloading all scripts, i turned remote off and i still flood.

Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
Have you set mIRC to give certain nicknames a different color? See the Address Book, Colors option for these settings. If so, it is possible mIRC has a lot of work to do each time people join or leave, and/or to see if people have been idle for whatever amount of time you set?!

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Sounds to me like their systems need some general maintenance. I have colours allocated to all mode prefixes (@,+,-), normal users, 10min idlers, 30min idlers and those on ignore list. I have also a plethora of scripts running and mIRC is stable regardless of the room size.

These others should check available disc space, the last time the disc was cleaned up/defragmented and also check for memory leaks in any programmes and available memory by monitoring the task manager while online.

Link Copied to Clipboard