mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
M
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
M
I live in New York State in the US and have tried for days to use MIRC via Irc.net in NY and can never get on using the only US server there is. I always get the message 'no route to host." It automatically tries to use port 6660 - which I know is not good - even though my default is 6667. The only way I can get on is through a European server.

This did not happen until I downloaded the newest version (6.12) of mirc. I'd like to communicate with other folks in the US...which now doesn't seem likely. So, has MIRC become primarily a European chat service??

D
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
D
I wonder really why though. There are a bunch of US servers runing out there :-/

T
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
T
Hi mlleelise!

Have you tried downloading a new servers.ini? Right click the link and choose "Save As". Then simply replace the old servers.ini in your mIRC folder with this new one.

The great thing about IRC is that it's global. As long as you're on the same network (EFNet, DalNet, IRCNet, QuakeNet ....) you can communicate with anyone, from any location in the world. I would never have met the wonderful people in #mIRC on EFNet for instance it it weren't for IRC since I live in Sweden and most of my friends in #mIRC live in other parts of the world.

It doesn't matter where the server you are connected to is located as long as you know which network you want to be on.

So just keep connecting to a european server if it works for you! wink

Link Copied to Clipboard