mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
L
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
L
I have looked around through the forums for a "proxy" program that would allow me to connect to my desktop machine from my laptop and saw a few people working on similar ideas (search for "socklisten" to get an idea of some, not all these follow my idea) but never actually found a full script. If someone knows of a script that already exists like this, I will stop working on my own code (and be able to waste my time doing something else).

Now I have started working on this and am still fidling around with having it send the headers correctly to multiple machines (not easy really) and being able to have my main connection auto reconnect (not easy either) but this is doable, but I would like to be a bit lazy :P

If I don't find a solution, I will post my code (after I clean it up a bit, has a lot of ugly spots in it) and beg for help at that point.

F
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
F
Do you want to access the whole machine (I mean, listing/exec/write files and folders), controlling your mIRC's desktop computer from your laptop or simulate a true proxy/wingate to access the Internet (NAT routing)?

Everything is scriptable, you'll have to mix lof of sockets, COM objects and so on...

If you'd like to do NAT routing, mIRC scripting isn't really optimized for such a thing... Think on how many ports mIRC will have to open/listen... I recommend you to use some dedicated software (or hardware).
Read the RFC 2068, 2616, 3143 for HTTP protocol docs.

L
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
L
In the most basic way, I want to have multiple machines all appear to be the same. It is true I am behind a NAT, but this isn't why I am doing it (I can freely connect to IRC from any one of these machines). The goal I wish to obtain would be to connect to an IRC server as "BobSmith" using my desktop, and then from either my laptop, or a 2nd desktop in the house (it is in another room) be able to type and make it appear as if BobSmith wrote it as well, all without disconnecting, and VNCs are not what I want to do either (tried that)

Now on a rudimentary basis, I am able to do this, just haven't figured out such things as sending new connections the channels and users currently on, but this is doable.

At present, I have a socket going to the ircd, and then I actually connect to the IRC though connecting to localhost:2020, which then acts as the proxy. It isn't the ideal way, but I have yet to be able to run a system that allows me to do what I want (but I know it is possible).

D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
I might be wrong but to me it would seem that you are at speed hammering away building yourself the wheel.
Have you considered just taking over control of the application (mirc) on the machine its running on, or the whole machine it on.

XP and W2K have terminal services, which is very good for this, and from memory i beleive W9x has netmeeting that woell allow a aplication takeover.

Sorry if im pointing you in the wrong direction.

F
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
F
heh, suggest to Khaled a "DDE non-local, IP-based" protocol :P

L
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
L
I don't want full control of the other machines, I just want a demi-proxy set up. My laptop's setup is different than my desktops (laptop runs 800x600 on a slow win98se machine, desktop runs at 1280x1024 on a AMD 1800 w2k pro machine) and I prefer working with each in a different way. Anyway, I have previously tried the graphical approach (why I said VNC) and that is much more of a hastle to me than writting a proxy script (in simple terms, I don't like it at all).

So in summary, Netmeeting won't really work out for what I want to do. Will keep scripting away so I can waste more time on IRC.

F
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
F
Well, I think you've already done it, but here's how I'd do that:
Your desktop's mIRC (already connected to an IRC server) will listen a port for remote connections and check for a basic authentification (like /quote id password). Then, it will transcribe everything it receives from the IRC server to this listening port (using the same IRC protocol), so any distant mIRC can connect to your desktop and simulate an IRC server (modes, channels, names, lists, etc...).
And you just have to create some customized commands to take "control" of your mIRC's desktop, like /quote msg #chan hello!

Link Copied to Clipboard