Print Thread
#71191 12/02/04 04:03 PM
F
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
F
Hi!

It's just a suggestion, as I never remember the complete url forums.mirc.com and don't use any bookmarks, is it possible to move the whole forum to mirc.com domain ? Maybe just the frontpage, databases could stay on forums.mirc.com

Thanks!

T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
so go on www.mirc.com and click message board lol

New username: hixxy
D
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
D
Since we're talking about the forum: as of the past few days it seems to be crawling along for me. Is anyone else experiencing this? Takes ages to view posts crazy

Other websites are speedy to display, tho, so I suspect it's not a fault at my end.

T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
fine for me.

New username: hixxy
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
This was suggested before, I can't remember the outcome of it. I think mirc.com/forum would be a nice idea, but I find it just as quick to go to Help > Message Board as I rarely go to the Forums without being connected to IRC at the same time. If i'm not on mIRC then I don't see it as much of an inconvenience to go to mirc.co.uk and click on 'Message Board'.

DekuHaze: Nope, everything's doing fine here. ISP problem maybe?

Happy helpin!

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
F
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
F
All of you are right, there are many easy ways to come here, but think on any paranoid people (I'm not, lol), they might think forums.mirc.com is not the official mirc's forum domain, but a spoofed/fake website, who knows crazy
I think It's just an "esthetical" detail.

S
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
S
Maybe the dns manager for mirc.com could add forums.mirc.com to point here, as using the sites ip address points it in the right place (you aren't logged in because your authentication is set with a cookie relevant to 'forums.mirc.com' only), so there doesn't seem to be an issue with virtual servers.

The site uses 'complete' hyperlinks (in that all links will put you back on forums.mirc.com) however.

D
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
D
I don't think my problem is my ISP. No other sites are slow for me and NTL haven't listed any faults in or around my area so... I'm at a loss. Hope this doesn't continue for long as it's quite tedeous. I'm sure a 14.4k modem would be faster :tongue:

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Weird, I'm with NTL too and have no issues. *Shrugs* hope it gets fixed up soon smile

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
D
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
D
Well, I just asked a friend who lives nearby and is on the same network segment as I am and he reported slowness here too. So it appears to be a localised ISP fault. frown

S
Babel fish
Babel fish
S
u can also just drag the link to your destop

utwente hosts this forum for free for mirc. i dont realy see a point to hide the real url

J
Jae Offline
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
J
why not have forums.mirc.com .. and simply have a page redir that forwards us to the forums website?
simple question. simple answer :P

Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
That was already discussed here.. But i'm not very good to convince smb..
And i still don't like current address.. Its good what my browser can remember last visited pages.. In my address bar i write tro.. Finding trout.snt.utwent.. When find ubbthreads.php.. Delete the part after .php and press enter, if my browser can't remember.. I need to go to mirc.com->Message Board and so on.. wink It's strange but i never(very occasionally) use the shortcuts in the favorite/bookmarks..
Ok.. It must be hard to create a short address to forum..

mIRC Chm Help 6.16.0.3 Full Anchored!
P
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
P
There's also the point that, contrary to popular belief, mirc.com is not the only official mIRC website... I come in through mIRC.co.uk, for example, so putting the forums on mirc.com wouldn't help me particularly much shocked

Remember, bookmarks are your friend! grin

PM

IRCnet & DALnet @#travelersinn
:-: IRC for fun and relaxation :-:
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
I just make a short-cut for that forum wink It is: mirc.zmack.to ;] Yup.. I think my problem was solved..

mIRC Chm Help 6.16.0.3 Full Anchored!
C
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
C
I disagree totally. I think we should hide it in obscure places so that only those that aren't going to post silly questions about where MP3s and movies are to be found etc etc.

If we hid it, and it was moved every few days, it'd be a great adventure, tracking it down. I have to admit though, we'd see a great number of pointless "I FOUND IT" posts... assuming of course we could find it to see those posts smile

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Your suggestion is unlikely and I am sure you agree. If it was ever implemented then this joint would lose at least one visitor, namely myself. Life is too short to play silly guessing games and I have better things to do with my time.

As a general comment and in agreement with another post here, the URL is supplied by the people that provide the webspace and since (as far as I am lead to believe) it is provided free of charge, therefore the URL provided by the hostmaster should be the one people use. I, like many here, visit via my local mirror, in my case http://mirc.eon.net.au/ and then click the message board link. The quicker way, as stated before, would be to put the forum URL in favourites. Any objection to that demonstrates bone laziness of the most pure kind and some people need a reality check.

Link Copied to Clipboard