mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
C
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
C
I'd like to see the switchbar have the ability to group windows much like Windows XP does with similar programs running. For example, your on 3 networks, and have 5 query windows spread across the 3 networks, some dcc's etc. I'd like the switchbar to display the 3 networks your on and once clicked a popup comes up with categories (Query, DCC, Channels, etc) and inside these popup categories are a listing of the windows matching that category.

I could see where this would actually hinder navigation. But lets say someone uses mIRC on tons of networks and chats alot, this could prove useful.

With that perhaps each individual category and the windows within that category would light up much like the current highlighting.

(I did search for this and came across many switchbar feature requests, but nothing similar to this, I do apologize if I missed something)

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I can't find it now but I used to have a pic which I linked from the old forum which showed combo boxes in the switchbar, the top entry being the network and subsequent entries being Status, Rooms, Privs, Channel/Notify/Links lists, Custom windows, etc.

Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
Brilliant idea. I'd also like to see the options to do the following:

Use the standard switchbar, use a treeview switchbar, use an XP Style Grouping switchbar (per your idea).

--------
mIRC - fun for all the family (except grandma and grandpa)

Link Copied to Clipboard