mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
R
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
R
My first question is that in my script I have been using .ini files and am wondering if switching to .mrc would be of any benefit?

Secondly, I have noticed that every so often when I right click in a channel the popup stops working. Nothing happens when I right click. A reboot fixes it, but im not sure whats going on. Has anyone heard of this or know of a way to fix it? All of the popups are in the remotes section using "menu channel".

Thanks.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I believe that normal text files are read slightly faster than a .ini file but I doubt there's any visually noticeable difference. Having said that, I have always used text files in place of .ini where possible but this was mainly for aesthetic reasons more than anything else.

As for the popups, I haven't had this problem but someone else also posted today that they were having the same problem, it could be a bug or could be related to one particular version of Windows. Though the only popup bug that I am currently aware of is the one for the popups.ini file where mIRC rearranges them and throws the format into disarray.

V
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
V
For programming purposes, an INI file is normally thought of as a configuration file.

Good programming practice means using the INI files (like windows does) as configuration files for you scripts.

Use MRC files as the actual program scripts.

In all my mirc scripting I used MRC as the script and use INI for saving configuration settings, etc, etc, etc.

For you popup problem, I ran into that once when the popup MRC file was too big for popups.ini. So I moved some of them into REMOTES files.

Link Copied to Clipboard