mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
C
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
C
I read a post about this problem, but it didn't help me. I get a restart no longer than 2-5 mins after recieving a transfer. I haven't downloaded any new scripts...as a matter of fact, i don't have anything on my computer except norton antivirus, MiRC and windows XP, so it's not a software conflict. I tryed turning off the automatic restart in the "startup & recovery" and instead of restarting...i got a blue screen after recieving a transfer...I'm stumped!!

F
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
F
Hi!

Did you turn off your antivirus for some DCC tests?
It could affect transferred files if it has a "real time" protection.

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
what disconnect error msg do you see ppl see for you? Commonly its likely to be 10053, software caused connection abort. have you read this thread for some things to consider?

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
C
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
C
Thanx for writing...i tryed disabling my antivirus and my system still restarted. I read that thread link that you provided and I didn't read anything that I thought applied to my situation. The error that I get is, after my computer shuts off, I get a blue "stop" screen reading Driver_Irql_not_Less_Or_Equal. And something that I neglected to mention in the oringal post is that I've been using MiRc for a long, long time with no problems. I was forced to format my hard drive with my OS on it and when put put MiRC back on, that's when the problems started.

F
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
F
Any new hardware?
This blue screen is often due to incompatible hardware drivers.

I
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I
That Stop error is typically caused by faulty/incompatible drivers.
Check for updated drivers for all your hardware.

Stop 0x000000D1 or DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Last edited by Iori; 14/02/04 06:01 PM.
C
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
C
Yes, I do have new hardware. I have a new second hard drive and a new video card. I was using Mirc just fine with the two new devices but i had to format and re-install the video card and that's when the problems started. But I un-installed the video card b/c it's causing problems. So now the card is just sitting in the AGP slot.

Link Copied to Clipboard