mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
C
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
C
I know perhaps a flame is in order however I was playing with DCC using some scripting and came across a behavior that could be changed. I scripted a /dcc alias (I know, I know, not a good idea) so that I could extend the /dcc feature while keeping the average user comfortable with the command. However, when trapping /dcc, and you drag and drop a file over a nickname in a channe, mIRC returns "dcc send #drag-drop-channel filename." Perhaps changing that to "dcc send nickname filename" would be more practical on the scripting side of things.

I know that mIRC more often then not does this intentionally for internal purposes, though to provide some extendability for this particular issue, maybe changing this could be a benefit..

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Well I just did the same and it works.. refers to the nickname instead of the channel. I don't get exactly what did you do..

* cold edits his posts 24/7
C
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
C
cold, try this:

alias dcc {
echo -a $1-
return
}

then, drag and drop a file over a nickname in a channel. You will echo:

send #dragdropchan "c:\file"

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Hrm actually I dragged it to a nickname in the nicklist, instead of the text area. That's why it worked before. Now I see.

* cold edits his posts 24/7
D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
hmmmm doesnt work with c:\file wont do it for filenames with no extention, bit wierd behavour, i guess its something to do with mistaking them for folders.

PS: i know you were just meansing "c:\file" as what ever file, i just happend to create that said file to test it.

PSS: as a bit of a laugh at myself, i actually thought it replied "#draganddropchan" like some directive to tell you it was a drag and drop.

Link Copied to Clipboard