mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
H
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
H
I have read everything before I have posted. I've been through so many links, so many supposed server lists, and nothing helps. I've read the updates on the attacks, the scenarios for error messages. I'm just an Mirc failure. I know how to connect one way. Click connect. Random US dalnet servers. I've tried every admin post at the top and still have no clue how to connect. I've read all the other peoples posts that didn't read the ones I've read and you post links back to the ones that were suppose to be read. I don't know how to connect.

T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
Thats because Dalnet is down due to these attacks...try a different network or something...

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
Right now it is extremely hard to connect to DALnet, and we have no idea how long that will continue. To pick another network to connect to, in the window where you click Connect, beside the line that says Random US DALnet, there is a small upside down triangle. Click on that and you will see other Randoms listed, pick one of those. Or, if you know a server you want to connect to, close that window and in your status window type: /server whateverserver.net
For example, if you wanted to connect to one of EFnets servers, you could type /server irc.Prison.NET

This web page compares many networks and links to server lists. Keep checking back on the thread here that says Update, as info is recieved, its being posted there.

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
H
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
H
Now this post has answered my problems. Answered, but not solved. I at least now how to connect ot a specific server when this problem comes to an end. Besides reading the updated section, is there any idea of how long these problems will last? Is Mirc is danger of being shutdown?

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
These problems will last for as long as the attacks do.

mIRC certainly isn't in danger, as it isnt mIRC being attacked, it's DALnet (who, btw, have said they will never take DALnet permantly offline).

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
Just to clarify, mIRC is software used to IRC (Internet Relay Chat) on any one of lots of networks. Each network has their own servers. You use mIRC (or other software) to connect to that network by way of its servers. So no, mIRC itself isnt in any danger as a result of the attacks on any network. Its the network being attacked, not mIRC.

Sadly, there isnt any way to know how long this or attacks on any other network will last. You can keep up to date by checking on the UDATE post on this forum, and by looking at DALnet's web page and their ezine The ezine also gives you ways you can help stop things like this from happening in a previous issue

B
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
B
Does this mean that I will not be able to ever join and talk to my friends? What can be done to get help with this?

_
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
_
i wouldnt say ever ..... but um your friends cant join and chat with u either on dalnet at the moment so u may need to find another network to find ur friends on ....... there are several ... im sure they are out there somewhere

D3m0nnet.com
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
Apart from joining another network, all you can do is wait for DALnet to get back up, like thousands of other people that are having the same problem.

Never compare yourself to others - they're more screwed up than you think.
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
If you will please read this thread you will see whats going on and find urls to more info, including what DALnet is doing about the attacks and links to find other networks where you may find your friends until DALnet is once again back to normal.

Link Copied to Clipboard