Print Thread
#69523 28/01/04 06:17 AM
G
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
G
Hey,
Ive been using mIRC for a while now, version wise and have never had this problem. I am experiencing random freezes for XX seconds, then it unfreezes for a few seconds and freezes back up...continuous cycle until I reboot. This isnt just mIRC that gets frozen, every program does. However, i have only had this problem when i am running mIRC. Its version 6.12, im running XP.
Thanks in advance.

#69524 28/01/04 07:02 AM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
this thread might help you out (make sure you do everything mentioned in the first post).

You can also use the board's Search feature and search for something like "Freeze" - Expand to 'All Forums' and expand the date range to 'All Posts' for the best results smile

G'luck! smile

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
#69525 28/01/04 07:30 AM
M
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
M
Make sure your hard drive is error-free...

Be nice to nerds. Chances are you'll end up working for one.
#69526 28/01/04 11:57 PM
G
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
G

I still get the random freezes, unfreezes, and freezes again, even shutting mIRC down in taskmanager does nothing for the problem. Once the freezing starts the only thing to cure it is a reboot. The interesting thing about this is it only starts when i attempt a dl. I first tried unloading the dccassist script i had....no luck, still the same problem. I uninstalled, reinstalled mIRC....didnt help. Checked the drive for errors...... nothing. So i am lost, anyone have any suggestions?

#69527 29/01/04 10:14 AM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
By 'download' do you mean mIRC's DCC function or downloading off of the Internet via something like Internet Explorer?

Do you have any "speed patches" which are supposed to speed up DCC?

Some ISPs limit the amount of bandwidth you can use, this problem has been reported before. Contact your ISP to see if they do.

Make sure mIRC is the only running program, you might be using other programs which are using up a lot of resources on your computer.

Again, if you use the search feature as I suggested before, you will be able to find threads referring to mIRC freezing, then unfreezing, then freezing etc etc.

G'luck!

Regards,

Mentality/Chris

Link Copied to Clipboard