mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
T
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
T
I discovered this as I joined a channel with a long name, and attempted to talk with my on input scripts which use /msg directly to output the final text. I have ascertained that the problem is mIRC's, not a script's.

It is this.. in /msg $1 $2-, $1 is chomped to 60 chars, even though for example EFnet's limit is 90 chars.

/join #i_am_here_because_my_client_is_misconfigured_to_auto_join_when_invited

/debug @moo

/!msg #i_am_here_because_my_client_is_misconfigured_to_auto_join_when_invited text
(the ! makes it use mIRC's inbuilt function over any scripted aliases, just to be certain)

Switch to the debug window, you will notice that a msg has been sent to #i_am_here_because_my_client_is_misconfigured_to_auto_join_w .. and you subsequently get a No such channel error (unless you are on a channel #i_am_here_because_my_client_is_misconfigured_to_auto_join_w also :P)

#i_am_here_because_my_client_is_misconfigured_to_auto_join_w is 60 characters long.

/msg shouldn't be chomping target name! I haven't been able to try this as nicks that long aren't possible but I can only imagine the function is hardcoded the same way for non-channel targets too.

Tomalak

<Ingo> I can't uninstall it, there seems to be some kind of "Uninstall Shield"
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Bug confirmed in mIRC v6.12.

/msg target is cropped to 60 characters when longer targets are technically possible.
/notice and other channel target commands appear to be uneffected.

This bug was introduced in mIRC v5.4 on 23-June-1998.

- Raccoon

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!
T
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
T
What, you tried all those versions?
Atta boy.. ;P

<Ingo> I can't uninstall it, there seems to be some kind of "Uninstall Shield"
E
EVH Offline
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan