mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
G
Gnuthad Offline OP
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
G
I've found an interesting problem with attempting to edit my remotes in the mIRC editor in version 5.8. My script.ini file is just over 33,000 bytes and I have found that I can not actually edit my remotes any more. I can press any key I like and nothing happens. If I change to users or popups or aliases everything works as expected but changing back to the remotes section once again stops me making any additions. I can highlight and delete from the section, just not actually add anything.

I realise that my version is considered too old for general assistance but it works and I don't need to make any changes to my scripts for 6.xx support as I have been led to believe I would need to do if I upgraded.

Has anyone come across a similar problem previously and, if so, do they know of a solution outside of editting my scripts in notepad and adding in the required .ini line details? I don't think I've hit any kind of file size limit, 33k seems a little small for a remote script and I still have about 15k of scripts to add in.

I
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I
This isn't a fix for the problem, but a way to add your code. While in the Remote editor, go to "File" menu > "New".
mIRC can have many script files loaded.

G
Gnuthad Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Thank you for the very fast reply and for providing at least a way to keep adding to my scripts. I'm glad to know that at least I don't have to resort to the rather tedious task of adding in "nXXXX=" to each line just to increase the scripts.

As stated, I don't believe this is an editor size issue as the file size is in excess of the 15bit size of 32k max and is well short of the 31bit size of 2G max. There is also only 443 lines in the script and I very much doubt that that is anywhere near the max capabilities of the program, not with the wide range of the features available in some scripts I've seen.

Link Copied to Clipboard