mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
L
lanen Offline OP
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
L
I apologize in advance if my question has been asked and answered previously. I did use the search feature but could not find a post that covers my question.

My question is this: Is there an easy way to ignore all users except a select few (server operators for instance) in a room?

The reason I ask is because I would like to leave mIRC on while I'm away and not have to come back and re-read the past hour-or-so long conversation just to find out what one of my friends or the server ops have said. Clicking on fifty or so users and selecting “ignore” is a rather cumbersome task.

Well that's my question; any help or direction would be appreciated. Please also note that I am fairly new to the mIRC client and IRC in general.

Thanks

V
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
V
try the /ignore command (/help /ignore), or more easily, go to the ignore dialog (alt+b, Control, then Ignore) and ignore *!*@* on channels
after doing this, add all of your friends one by one to the ignore list, and make sure to check the EXCLUDE option
I hope you can understand that

And all I need now is intellectual intercourse, a soul to dig the hole much deeper

Link Copied to Clipboard