Print Thread
#68151 16/01/04 03:35 PM
N
ner0 Offline OP
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
N
i keep getting disconnected from mirc, the thing is, i dont know if its my internet connection, or just mirc, i shouldnt get this as i have broadband, please help me

#68152 16/01/04 03:39 PM
N
ner0 Offline OP
OP Offline
N
i try to idle in my channel for protections etc, but when i return, as soon as i try to input, i get
*disconnected

#68153 16/01/04 08:12 PM
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
If you forget to add something in a post, you have 2 hours to edit it, so you dont have to make a second post.

You can read about ping timeout in this thread , they happen to everyone

The disconnect isnt happening when you do the input, it already happened and mIRC just didnt know it/tell you until you try to do something

if you are idle for an amount of time, the server may decide you arent there and disconnect you, try a timer to say something in your channel every so often. In any mIRC window, type /help /timer
Dont do it in someone else's channel as they may object, and dont set it to say something every 30 secs as its just plain annoying and that often isnt necessary

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
#68154 08/03/04 11:48 AM
H
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
H
I've searched for this "disconnect" problem and it seems to be constantly discussed, never dealt with.

Workarounds, fine! - but what I'd like to know is why mIRC sends these PING.... PONG events, but doesn't notice when they stop? And if it's been pointed out months ago, and it still happens, how do we get the Author to smell the toast?

Hank

#68155 08/03/04 12:27 PM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Ping Timeout will occur with all IRC clients, it is not mIRC-specific. Khaled cannot prevent this from happening to the best of my knowledge. ParaBrat suggested something which may help prevent ping timeout occuring, which is the /timer thing, it is not a complete fail-safe though so if you have done that and it's still happening, that's just the way it is. There is nothing we can say.

Sorry, but it happens to us all at some point smile

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
#68156 13/03/04 04:45 AM
D
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
D
Well, I don't know where the problem lies but I do know this. I can connect Mirc & Xchat to the same server at the same time, under both Linux with Mirc running under Wine or both under Windows and Mirc will timeout continously where Xchat stays connected for days on in without a single timeout. This is on a private server running Ultimate 3.0.0.a30 with only a few users ever connected to it. Some of the other users have verified the same thing with this particular server and others.

Link Copied to Clipboard