mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
B
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
B
I wrote this script Autoget which has a "list grabber". Sometimes it downloads lists, unzips them, moves them...and they become locked by windows. So when I go to clean them up later they can't be moved and the cleanup fails.

I use remove, replace, an unzip exe and to clean the directory I use $findfile( blah blah remove)...anyone have an idea how files can become locked?

Also, I noticed I'm having some difficulty with files that have a ^ in the name...any known issues with filenames or variables and that character???

Thanks guys,

-eMpTy

T
Babel fish
Babel fish
T
Perhaps $findfile is the culprit especially if said zips or whatever files you doing whatever to are on a multi or network drive, it causes mirc to slow down considerably. I'm not sure if there's a faster way of detecting such files with anything other than $findfile.

I haven't done much scripting since about 3+ years ago so perhaps those who are more familiar with mircs recent changes might be able to help. smile

Talea

Last edited by Talea; 02/01/04 12:38 AM.
B
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
B
hmmm...

yeah again it's one of those fun bugs that I have never seen...other people find it and I can't reproduce it...all I know is something is leaving files locked...I was hoping this was a known issue but no such luck I guess...

Thanks anyways...I'll mess with $findfile to see if there is anything I can do...

-eMpTy

Link Copied to Clipboard