Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
P
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
P
Hi Online! smile

No, I didn't tried to rename that registry key...

I am afraid of that other programs stop to work correctly.

Are you using this solution? Do you see if another program stops to work?

Thanks again for the quick response!

Best regards,
/Leandro Peracchi

O
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
O
Look, Wscript is an optional part of the Windows, so nothing is supposed to crash if you disable it (fully or partially). I don't think the COM object is widely used by applications. When I browsed the web I noticed that it's only used by some VB Scripts (*.vbs) and particular server-side ASP applications (theoretically every programming language with COM interface can use it).

So... feel free to rename the key to anything else you'd want, and if (in the worst case) a program complain about a missing Wscript object, you'll always be able to rename it back. I see no danger in doing it, and at least when I did myself nothing went wrong.

I hope this answered your questions, and if anyone feels like correcting me, please do so. Good luck! smile

T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
just out of curiosity, where the hell did you learn so much about COM objects? (this is directed at querty too)

New username: hixxy
O
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
O
When I found a name of an interesting COM object that might become useful (for example, Word.Application; Microsoft.XMLHTTP; ADOX.Catalog), I used google to search for its name. That's now I learned (or not) about possible ways to use it.

Microsoft's Ole Viewer allows you to browse through the objects you have on your PC and reveal their methods and properties.

This is what I did, but qwerty might have something to add laugh

P
OP Offline
P
Hi guys! smile

I just followed the Online tip.

Will do some tests to see if I detect some problem.

If something goes wrong, I return to give you a feedback.

Best regards,
/Leandro Peracchi

T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
i just searched the whole thing and certain objects i _know_ are on my pc weren't listed, including: MAPI.Session, WScript.Shell and WinHTTP5.1.dll frown

O
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
O
Google should return a few results for every object, including pieces of code from which you can get ideas. However this is what I can add:

WScript.Shell - Get Wscript's documentation here.

MAPI.Session - If it's identical to MSMAPI.* objects, this example might become useful.

WinHTTP5.1.dll - What you are looking for is "WinHttp.WinHttpRequest.5.1", but keep in mind that this object only exists on some WinXP systems, so don't expect scripts that depend on it to work everywhere. Instead, use "Microsoft.XMLHTTP"

T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
thankyou for the mapi.session link, ive been wondering how to send emails WITH attachments for a while, ty smile

Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
Your problem isn't with mIRC so to speak, but with the lack of security policies in your OS environment.

If you are using Windows 2000 or Windows XP Pro as the OS for these machines, you are better off using Group Policies to disable registry access to users.

Be careful, however.

--------
mIRC - fun for all the family (except grandma and grandpa)
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard