Print Thread
#65427 26/12/03 11:11 AM
N
nomak Offline OP
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
N
ok, i'm making a theme system, and i came across a problem.
i'm trying to change all default [nick TYPE] ctcp's that i get to how i want it to look for the theme. The only problem i have is when someone does a /ctcp me version it still shows the default [nick VERSION]. To make this perfectly clear, i'm not talking about the ctcpreply version being altered, i'm talking about when someone ctcp versions you, and this shows up in your window: [Nick VERSION]. Is there anyway in the next version of mIRC this will be allowed to be altered and not effect the actual mIRC version reply from being altered ?

It kind of defeats the purpose of theming/scheming if you can't alter the default incoming [Nick VERSION] but everything else. (NOTE: again, i am NOT refering to the default version reply you send when someone versions you, i'm refering to the [Nick VERSION] that you get, when someone versions you.)

EXAMPLE:
ctcp *:*:*:echo 4 -a ( $+ $nick $1 $+ ) $2- | halt

when someone pings you it shows (nick PING) and stops the default [nick PING]
but when someone versions you, it shows
[nick VERSION]
(nick VERSION)

this is what i'm asking to be able to change the default of.

thanks

Last edited by nomak; 26/12/03 11:24 AM.

nomak
#65428 27/12/03 05:58 PM
A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
you cant edit the version ctcp, but if it means anything, you can choose to not show ctcps to the active window, ie. show them in the status, that way its less visible

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
#65429 27/12/03 10:15 PM
N
nomak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
ok, for like the 3rd or 4th time, i'm not trying to stop the version reply from showing..just simply saying the [nick VERSION] when versioned by a user should be able to be altered to how the user who see's it wants it. I'm sure the people who 'comprehend' this request would agree.

argv0, thanks for the suggestion, but your answer is not why i posted this request in the 'new feature' section of these forums. I never expected someone to answer a 'new feature' suggestion to echo a default reply to the status window.

Any how, this feature isn't that hard to implement i'm sure, it'll still prevent the mIRC Version itself from being altered.

Last edited by nomak; 27/12/03 10:24 PM.

nomak
#65430 28/12/03 12:48 AM
_
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
_
try using the debug -i option that was recently added in the newer versions of mirc, u can alter all ctcps including version reply, and can also alter the ctcp event appearance.

D3m0nnet.com
#65431 28/12/03 01:32 AM
A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
Quote:

I never expected someone to answer a 'new feature' suggestion to echo a default reply to the status window.

Most new features are requested out of scripter-laziness rather than scripting-limitation or general need. With that said, i always suggest a workaround whenever possible, I even attempt to make workarounds for MY suggested features. In this case, the workaround is pretty simple, and isn't too obstructing-- I'm sure a ctcp to the status every now and then won't kill your theme. Heck you could even make ctcp colours the same colour as the background and you wouldn't even see it, but that's going a bit too far. Plus there's always the debug option (which I don't support, too many bad things can come from it, i've asked khaled to limit that feature as well)

I guess it comes down to this- the version reply event is something that has been locked ever since mirc supported remote events; and as much as it would be nice to have this feature more customizable, i doubt it will be changed-- but who knows.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"

Link Copied to Clipboard