mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
T
teaser Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
T
When I connect to my bnc, I want to have a few commands performed, but it won't work.
I tried the perform for all networks and also for my 'bnc network' which I created. Both didn't work.
I also tried to solve the problem by putting this code in my remote (after removing the perform commands):
on *:connect:{ ... }

The perform-solution used to work in older mirc's, but since 6.12 it doesn't anymore. A bug?

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
I think you'll find the Perform option, and probably the on *:connect event does not trigger until you have fully connected to the server. this thread might help you, although remember that person is using a proxy. If you're trying to use the /quote pass command in conjunction with the BNC, it might be better that you use an alias of some sort. For example /alias bncpass quote pass YourBNCPassord so when you connect just type /bncpass.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
S
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
S
Maybe your looking for on LOGON? (/help on logon)

Hope that helps smile

T
teaser Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
T
on LOGON does the trick, thx.

I still find it strange that perform doesn't work. It's not a '/quote pass' I want to perform, but just some commands to make my script work correctly ('/mode $me' f.e. so my client 'knows' my current usermodes on a certain network, the bnc doesn't automatically send these modes when I connect to it).
As I said in my previous post, it worked before with perform...

Link Copied to Clipboard