mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#65117 24/12/03 08:37 AM
W
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
W
i got banned from a server because i defended myself and they got mad cuz i was right and banned me...the reason was "[censored]"...anyways how do i get back on that channel?

#65118 24/12/03 09:03 AM
M
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
M
I'm sure Parabrat, Krejt, Pastmastr and the rest of the crew can give you a thousand and one answers, but, to the best of my knowledge, (un)bans are the responsibility of yours and the admins'... you have to talk to them and see if there is any way to have the ban removed... otherwise, ppl from this forum can't help you...

Regards

Be nice to nerds. Chances are you'll end up working for one.
#65119 24/12/03 10:49 AM
P
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
P
Heh... well I don't know if I'm really part of "the crew", but...

If you have been banned from a server or network, then you need to get in touch (probably by e-mail) with the server admins and come to an agreement with them about letting you back on. Alternatively, patiently wait until the ban is removed... which may be in a couple of days or in several months, depending on how the server is run and how much you upset the people banning you...

If you have just been banned from a particular channel , then in *most* cases the ban will expire in a few hours and you will be able to get into the channel again. In this case, wait patiently. If, however, a permanent ban has been set (i.e. when you join the channel you are automatically kicked out again immediately), then you need to talk to the channel operators about what would be necessary for them to remove the ban.

Note that while most bans can be avoided in one way or another, this kind of behaviour will make you extremely unpopular, and will lead to extra efforts being made to remove you and keep you out in future.

Remember - a ban is a way for a channel op or server admin to say that you are not welcome. You need to ask yourself why, and think about what you can do differently next time. Being "right" is not enough, unfortunately - justice and (frankly) patience are not widespread commodities among hassled ops and opers...!

Lastly, remember too that access to a channel or to a server is always a privilege, not a right - this may not seem fair, and there are lots of arguments about what IRC *should* be like (open, free, uncensored, democratic etc. etc.), but that's the way it is.

Good luck on sorting things out! wink

PastMaster
IRCnet @#beginner @#travelersinn

IRCnet & DALnet @#travelersinn
:-: IRC for fun and relaxation :-:
#65120 25/12/03 04:35 AM
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
if its a network/server, see this thread

if its a channel, you will have to work it out with the op who banned you or the founder of the channel (if the network has services, try /chanserv info #channelname to find the founders nick). Its their choice whether to let you back in or not

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet

Link Copied to Clipboard