mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#65078 24/12/03 04:34 AM
C
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
C
I have a problem with what a whois returns on me. What is returned includes my location etc. Practicaly everything but my street address, and the name of my first born child is given. I remember at one time that I was able to hide some of that info. I do not remember or what I think I remember is wrong or doesn't work. I do not care about my isp but my location I just do not like. Is there a way to change the results of a whois?

Question 2: I used to connect to servers in China, India, etc. I have updated my server list but would like to find a more comprehensive list. Anyone out there got a link for other servers?

#65079 24/12/03 06:09 AM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
For the fist question, the info about your location, anme, etc is only provided by you. If you want to change names, etc, press alt+o and fill in false information in the Real Name, Email, etc information.

As for a server list, you can get an updated list of server from http://www.mirc.co.uk/servers.ini Download it, and put it into your mIRC drectory, then restart mirc.

-KingTomato
#65080 24/12/03 06:28 AM
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
there are so many networks and so many servers that it would be impossible to include all of them...and a tough job to keep up with the changes that happen often. if you are asking about a specific network, check their website. if you are looking for other networks in general, check out sites like www.searchirc.com

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
#65081 24/12/03 01:15 PM
C
OP Offline
C
Hey thanks for the replys!

Yea I was looking for other server list for variety. Sometimes they are like variety meats - you gets what you get, but it usually has a nice flavor.

I think I hear something on my roof. Better see what it is. Merry Christmas to all.

Cremaster

#65082 25/12/03 04:42 AM
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
you're welcome, and happy holidays to you and yours as well smile

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet

Link Copied to Clipboard