mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#64023 14/12/03 09:14 AM
I
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
I
I posted this problem before, got an answer but it didnt help so i just left it be, but now it is really starting to bug me.

I can't seem to receive any of my query's. I can send them fine but when some one trys to send one back i don't receive it. I have enabled all the DCC options (as i was advised before) but nothing seems to work. I also deleted all the mirc's currently on my os and installed a fresh copy. Also i have tried on 2 different networks just to see if it was them that had the problem.
I dont know if this will help but my operating system is Windows XP Pro.

And it only stoppped working after i registered my mirc.
Any hints or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

thanks as always,
Baden

#64024 14/12/03 01:02 PM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Well after looking at your previous thread, the only thing I can think of is making sure the Windows XP firewall is disabled.

Check this page for instructions on how to disable it.

G'luck!

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
#64025 14/12/03 09:55 PM
J
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
J
After reading both your old and new questions, I'm a bit confused in what youre actually trying to describe. You seem to mix the terms query and DCC as if they are the same thing; a private query msg and a DCC chat are 2 completley different actions with very little in common. If you really mean that you can initiate a DCC send/chat but can not receive either a DCC Chat nor recv a priv query msg, then you should look in your ignore list Alt+B control tab, for a global ignore that would effect both.

#64026 15/12/03 04:17 AM
I
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
I
Sorry to confuse you, but in the last post that i did i was told to enable dcc. i did what was suggested.

Mentality i checked to make sure that the firewall on XP is disabled, and it is. Thanks anyway.

Thanks to both of you.
Baden

Link Copied to Clipboard