Print Thread
M
meier Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
M
Hi,
i have a problem.. I have a txt File which has more than 50 000 Lines, but $lines(the.filename) return only ~600. Same if i try to search for a word within a line..it do not find any lines after the first ~600.
The error occured after breaking the 50 000 line.
Anyone has a solution, hint?

Maybe a help how to write dll functions in Visual Basic for mirc (so i could use a non-server-based database) ?

Thanks
Meier

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Why are you referencing a 50,000 line file? Use hash tables. A lot quicker, as well as easier imo.

-KingTomato
R
Babel fish
Babel fish
R
Beats me too cause i have had over 10000 mp3's in a txt file before and it read them all fine. I would guess the txt file you are working with is so massive mirc got lazy at your request and decided the txt file was just to big. mnight depend what you have and how big the txt file is. I do know with writeini mirc has problem writing to an in i file that is over 64k so this might be something simular

RockHound
M
meier Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
M
Thanks guys, i will try the hash tables at first - but i'm still looking for a way to write dll's which mirc supports coded in visual basic.

Any hints or solutions would be really helpful - thanks smile

Greets
Meier

A
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
A
i think there is a tutorial on mircscripts.org on writeing dlls cheak there ;p

Need amazing web design for low price: http://www.matrixn3t.net
M
meier Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
M
A really nice tutorial - ´badly that i am not able to code in c++
so far i think there is no possibility to write such a dll in visual basic (the tut. author listed the programming languages which creates real win32 dll's - i remember visual basic only creates activex dll's..)

Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
I do know with writeini mirc has problem writing to an in i file that is over 64k so this might be something simular - now you can use the new -n switch ..
From help file: If the -n switch is specified, mIRC will attempt to write to the .ini file even if it is larger than 64k.

mIRC Chm Help 6.16.0.3 Full Anchored!
H
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
H
Quote:

If the -n switch is specified, mIRC will attempt to write to the .ini file even if it is larger than 64k.

This does depend on the operating system, with mIRC and windows 98 I could not make an ini file larger than 64k (with the n flag), XP does not have this problem.

C
Bowl of petunias
Bowl of petunias
C
I am going to try to make a dll for mIRC in Visual Basic. So if I do get it to work I will pass on the information to the community. But first I have to find my vb6 cd lol. I hope I can just so I can make the dll. I am able to read and convert most c to vb, so that might help a little. Anyway, I am off to find the cd.

Signed Mr. W aka ClownDevilBoy
R
Babel fish
Babel fish
R
Adrenalin

um err yeah sorry thats kinda what i meant um in alien language

RockHound

Link Copied to Clipboard