mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
S
Segosa Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
S
I use the Chatlinks feature a lot. And today it stopped working.

I have 2 installations of mIRC, one has NoNameScript installed, and the other is plain, I always use plain, NoNameScript one is there just for testing.

Today, I clicked a chatlink, and it tried to connect using NoNameScript, this doesn't usually happen, usually it opens my regularely used mIRC.

So I decided to disable Chatlinks in NoNameScript.. I did, and i tried clicking the chatlink again.. a NEW Instance of my plain mIRC opened, and there was no Confirmation dialog appearing, nor did it attempt to connect to the server supplied, Both "enable chatlinks" and "confirmation dialog" were checked. Also the newly opened mIRC didnt have the "connect" dialog from the options screen open.

After that I tried a few things, tried deleting nonamescript, I tried moving the mIRC exe to another location and running it so a new mirc.ini was created. chat links worked when I did that, so I moved the exe back..,

It seems theres some sort of problem with my mirc.ini.. or something similar, you see some people would say "well delete it and start from new" ... I would do that if i haden't customized mIRC down to the last inch. I have everything how I want it and it would suck having to reconfigure it all...

Does ANYONE know what the hell I can do. smile

D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
install the plain mIRC again, I think your registry is goofed up when installing nns... (just install over it, and let it remember settings)

If it ain't broken, don't fix it!
S
Segosa Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
S
But mIRC doesn't use the registry? It stores all its settings in mirc.ini and only uses the registry for the Registration...

Well doesn't matter i'll try what you said anyway...

EDIT: And it didnt work...

A
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
A
the irc:// protocol used with webpages will default to the C:\Program Files\mIRC\mirc.exe directory. It won't reconize any other mirc program but that directory source.

you will have to switch directory names with your other script to the mIRC directory

S
Segosa Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
S
but it is defaulted to that, since when i click a chatlink it opens the mirc in c:\program files\mirc\ but a new instance for some reason

Link Copied to Clipboard