mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#63304 08/12/03 05:50 AM
E
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
E
one of the servers on my network is plauged by bots. a bunch of them have their real name set as "acidizzle botizzle". i am wanting to ban every user from the network that has that real name set.

example:

Nucka__ is Nucka@hobo-2C84642A.ivylnd01.pa.comcast.net * AciDizzLe BoTizzLe
Nucka__ is connecting from *@pcp05081039pcs.ivylnd01.pa.comcast.net
Nucka__ using irc.dynaserv.com Dynamic Services Ltd.
nucka__ End of /WHOIS list.

what would be the format for banning the real name? i tried /os akill add +0 *!*acidizzle botizzle*@* but it didnt like the space in it =/. and when i just did *!*acidizzle*@* it didnt match any users up.

help is appreciated! Thanks!

H
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
H
I don't know how your operserv bot works, but if I wanted to do something like that i would use.
Code:

raw 352:*:if ($9- == AciDizzLe BoTizzLe) gline $+(+*@,$4) 10000 :No Bots allowed on this network 

The syntax for gline may vary on some ircds if that does not work then check the gline syntax.
If you use that, just type /who and it should put a network ban on all the current nick's hosts using that real name.
Depending on the size of the network, the server might now show you all the users with that single who, in this case just to regular /who #channels in the channels you are in, to get rid of any excess bots.

Link Copied to Clipboard