mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
G
Gamer_X Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
G
Well i don't know if this has been suggested but it would be cool if there was a function to set individual letter's colors in the NICKLIST like say we had the nick "John" and be able to select the letter J as red and the rest of the name in orange....

the reason i ask this is because we could make some cool effects like you know on icq when someone on your contact list comes online? well it'll first make that contact sound and then their name will highlight with different colors and there will be one letter with a different color and then it will rotate from the first letter to the 2nd and the to the 3rd and so on till the last letter and then it goes abck to the first again.... i'm sure you guys know what i mean. well that would be cool... and you could also use this in making a specific categorization system.... with people that are ops have a yellow first letter and pink 2nd letter if their..... a ircop... (assuming they have a 2nd letter in the name)
thanks for listening

Gaming is like life. Have fun with it.
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
/help /cline

that should do exactly what you are asking

G
Gamer_X Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
G
no but that changes the WHOLE lines color.... not ONE letter of the line

Gaming is like life. Have fun with it.
_
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
_
type control + K and a number 1-15 then one letter ..... repeat process OVER AND OAVER AND OVER again till u were urself out chaging every single letter to any color u want .........lol altho i dont think adding something like that to the base mirc is a good idea ...... i mean u can right scripts to do such things .... and um i dont see everyone wanting something like that

D3m0nnet.com
K
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
K
/cline [c] <@name> <N> changes the color of the Nth line to color C

That says line, not letter.

Example (nicklist #test):
@killer
JoeUser

/cline 4 #test 1

@killer
JoeUser

What he wants:

@killer
JoeUser

(i.e. /somecommand [color] <window> <line> <letter range; 2,3-5>)
/somecommand 4 #test 1 2

@killer
JoeUser

Link Copied to Clipboard