mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
Why Khaled don't work with others programmer's to create version for various OS, to do mIRC faster, to do a bot version of mIRC(without interface.. but with power of the mIRC functions) ? All knows what a programmer is good.. But 2 or more programmer's are better.. I'm sure what Khaled is very good programmer.. But my opinion is.. he must engage some good programmers/designers.. To make mIRC more beautiful..
And sorry for that's words.. But Khaled is not a robot to work all his live on the mIRC development .. wink

This is just my opinion..

mIRC Chm Help 6.16.0.3 Full Anchored!
L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
So? So far he's doing a great job. I have stuff to that could probably be done faster and maybe even better with help, but I do it on my own, cause that's the way I like to do it. Then of course there's the part of paying those people, which would mean mIRC's registration fee has to go up, which is bad. And of course all those other programmers he should hire could just get together themselves and create theuir own IRC client.

<happy as things are>

DALnet #Helpdesk
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand. -Confucius
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
How about users what use other OS ? Why they need to use emulator's to use mIRC ? How about users what whant a secure ssl connection ? Support of the ipv6.. And more other important features.. One programmer can't do that all faster without bugs.. Here need more programmer's.. To integrate that all features.. To finde some bug in the code what Khaled maybe not observe.. Integrate some algorithm what speed up the work..
I love a lot the mIRC smile Especially the scripting engine.. That is the big + of the mIRC.. But i still not understand why at that great programme work a single great programmer wink If 1 programmer do that all.. How much can do 2 great's programmers wink If the money is the problem.. Then i think in the world is some volunteer what can do porting of the mIRC to other OS for free..

B
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
B
do you realise what the f*ck he would need to do to make mirc runable for other os-es ? you insane?

K
Babel fish
Babel fish
K
He would need a few people that he could trust with the source that knows how to port it to their favorite OS.

--

katsklaw
Rather experienced Admin
Rather experienced mIRC Scripter
Amateur C Coder
S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
Not every program needs to be available on every OS. In many ways it would be much more practical to create an IRC client from scratch on a different OS than to convert mIRC. Besides, emulation is a perfectly viable option in this case so I really don't see the problem. As for SSL and other un-named 'important features', if they're really important then they'll be added in the end, however if it's simply something that Khaled doesn't want in the program then it won't happen whether there's just one developer or a million.

If you read Khaled's FAQ you get the impression that mIRC is still very much a personal project for Khaled (at least I did), in which case the chances of more developers is very slim indeed.

Spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, and stupid comments are intentional.
L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
And why on earth would he have to make a mIRC version for another OS. I'm pretty sure it requires a huge rework of most of the source code. people on other OS' can use the clients that were developed for that OS.

DALnet #Helpdesk
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand. -Confucius
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
I think if you read http://www.mirc.com/khaled/faq.html you will understand why he is the only one who actually wanders about in the source code.

Bottom line tho, Khaled created it, he has developed it according to his own personal standards and its his choice to do as he wishes. Works for me smile

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
Ok, thank's you all who response smile
But i'd like to see a fast-bot version of mIRC with the scripting powerful.. I have nice protection-scripts in mIRC.. But i can't run it always on the Windows OS.. If my script's could work on a linux system(without gui)..
Ok.. That is my big wish to the Christmas grin

Marry Christmas ! Happy Holydays ! smile

* Adrenalin Hugs Santa cool

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
So you don't even want mIRC for another OS then, you just want something to use it's scripting language. Well there's no reason someone else can't code a parser for mIRC's language. Of course it'd still be a thousand times faster to convert it to a 'proper' scripting language if you want the best performance possible. Something like Python takes only a matter of days to learn the basics, with a week or so of work you could easily convert any non-GUI bot-related script to Python where it'd run on any OS and inevitably be faster and more efficient.

Spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, and stupid comments are intentional.
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
Cross-platforming are a great think !
I have only 15.. And there are so many programming language's.. Don't know what to choose..
Now i start study Python wink
Thank you for that suggestion.

Link Copied to Clipboard