Print Thread
#62678 03/12/03 03:18 AM
S
sockie Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
S
Hey, I have made a scripts file that includes some aliases and an event of this form:

Code:
on ^*:TEXT:<matchtext>:*:{
  <some commands>
  haltdef
}

This event works fine for me (ie. the commands are executed and mIRC's default echo is halted); but then a friend of mine loaded the scripts file, and the /haltdef command didn't work for him (but the commands were still executed - all of them). He gets no errors in the Status window.

I know for sure that it isn't a problem with the commands themselves, and obviously not with the matchtext. He uses mIRC v6.12 just like me. I fear that this has something to do with other scripts that he may have loaded...

Does anyone have any idea what could cause this, and how I'd prevent it from happening? =\

Yours sincerely,
Rotem "sock" E.
#62679 03/12/03 03:32 AM
H
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
H
That would happen if your friend had another on ^*:text in another file to modify the default text.
Say in one file you had:

on ^*:text:*:#:haltdef

and in another file you have:

on ^*:text:*:#:echo -m # < $+ $nick $+ > $1- | haltdef

#62680 03/12/03 04:00 AM
S
sockie Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
S
Really? I thought that events in different script files didn't interfere with each other...?

Also note that the matchtext field in my event is *very* specific, it can't be the same matchtext as on other script files... but I guess that doesn't matter?

Anyway, how would you suggest I overcome this problem?

Yours sincerely,
Rotem "sock" E.
#62681 03/12/03 04:18 AM
H
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
H
The only way I can think of to stop the other text mod would be to have you code in the same file as his code and you would have to have your one above his one.
You said you thought scripts in different files didnt interfere with each other, well really they are not, say you have:

on ^*:text:*:#:echo -m # < $+ $nick $+ > $1- | haltdef
and have the exact same line in another file, you will see double. So the only way that I can see to get around this would be to have your line in the same file and above the other code, or tell him to remove the text mod he has.

Last edited by Hitchhiker; 03/12/03 04:19 AM.

Link Copied to Clipboard