mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#62066 27/11/03 08:10 PM
D
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
D
Is there a plan about mIRC script interpreter ? like Perl/Python/PHP ?

i know it sounds crazy but the mIRC script language is very powerful and easy to learn cool

#62067 27/11/03 11:22 PM
D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
search the forums, many threads about it

no, mIRC scripting is NOT a powerfull language, not even a programming language, just a script.

it's just for internal use in mIRC...

besides... it's slow as hell compared to perl/python/php/c/c++/c#/etc

If it ain't broken, don't fix it!
#62068 02/12/03 10:09 AM
C
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
C
learn PHP...
it's powerful, easy, and fast smile

It even looks alot like mIRC scripting smile

#62069 11/12/03 10:43 AM
V
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
V
The market programming language is broken on so many levels that it's not even funny. The only attractive features really are its declarative event system and how it interacts with simple network and gui features. Adding those features to better language is a more attractive proposal in my eyes. In fact, if my hands weren't broken, I'd be working on that myself.

#62070 26/07/04 07:45 AM
S
S
no, PHP scripting is NOT a powerfull language, not even a programming language, just a script.

it's just for internal use in WebApplications...

besides... it's slow as hell compared to perl/python/ruby/c/c++/c#/etc

sorry for taking on these lines but the really matched php as well wink
IMHO mIRC is no way suitable for writing scripts because it's just a IRC-Client-Script language... it's way less mighty then REAL script-/programming-languages and way slower (about 100 to 100000 times slower!)...
same goes for PHP... it's a "Hypertext Preprocessor" (it' defined that way) so let it do what it does best... add little functions to Hypertext (you know that stupid .htm or .html files you watch on the internet? those http:// in front of the urls... that's all about hypertext)... it was never meant to be used as a language for writing chat-servers or client-tools with it o_O
same here... it's less mighty then REAL script-/programming-languages (perl/python/ruby or c/c++/delphi) and way slower (10 (to perl) to 10000 (c/c++) times slower)

conclusion:
leave mIRC in the mIRC-IRC-client and PHP on it's Apache... they're both worst choice if you have alternatives like perl or even c++

So long.

PS: sorry for bringing up such an old topic but I hope someone reads my opinion on this (still) current discussion about to use simple languages for complex tasks

Link Copied to Clipboard