Print Thread
#6195 12/01/03 02:18 AM
N
Ninth Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
N
OK, I know DALNet is under heavy DDoS attacks, so servers are down. So, I wanted to check DALNet's website for an ETA or some more information. It's down as well (went to www.dal.net and www.dalnet.com). Just wondering if anyone has some inside information on the progress/status of the situation.

IRC Junkie since 1999

Ninth
DrK RaDiO [Soon...]
#6196 12/01/03 02:20 AM
N
Ninth Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
N
Just to point out http://zine.dal.net/ is up now. Any other info is welcome.

Ninth
DrK RaDiO [Soon...]
#6197 12/01/03 02:49 AM
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
Take a look at the sticky post at the top headed DALnet connection probs, read before you post. Its a copy of DALnet update email on the subject from last night.

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
#6198 12/01/03 02:53 AM
N
Ninth Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
N
I did read that before I posted smirk Just wanted a one thread on the DALNet issues, not three. If you don't see it better this way, you can remove this. smirk

Ninth
DrK RaDiO [Soon...]
#6199 12/01/03 03:50 AM
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
One can subscribe to dalnet's many email listservers,
send a email to Majordomo {<at>} dal.net (replace with @) with "help" (no quotes) as the body of the message.

Follow the directions and subscribe to the apprioriate lists.

#6200 12/01/03 04:47 AM
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
I was telling you the topic in that post was "dalnet conn prob, read before you post" and you asked for current info, so i referred you to that since it comes directly from DALnet as of less than 24 hours ago.

er..and you "wanted a one thread on the DALNet issues, not three" so you started another? fine by me. smile

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
#6201 12/01/03 02:25 PM
H
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
H
For Edward_K: when you wish to include web addresses but don't want them to "resolve" on the page, use [[/b]/b] or some other closing UBB tag between the majordomo and the @...so when you're editing, it looks like majordomo[[/b]/b]@dal.net but will show up as majordomo[/b]@dal.net with no problems. You can use the same trick when you want to explain how to use UBB tags, such as [[/b]code] and [[/b]/code] to prevent the board from actually using the tag you're talking about. ([[[/b]/b]code] and [[[/b]/b]/code])

For everyone else, you can use the following links to open an email that's sendable to majordomo[/b]@dal.net using one of the links below.

To obtain DALnet mailing list help: [email]majordomo@dal.net?body=help[/email]

To subscribe to one of the DALnet mailing lists:
dalnet: [email]majordomo@dal.net?body=subscribe%20dalnet[/email]
dalnet-services: [email]majordomo@dal.net?body=subscribe%20dalnet-services[/email]
dalnet-src: [email]majordomo@dal.net?body=subscribe%20dalnet-src[/email]
dalnet-outage: [email]majordomo@dal.net?body=subscribe%20dalnet-outage[/email]

You can even subscribe to multiple mailing lists in the same email:
[email]majordomo@dal.net?body=subscribe%20dalnet%0D%0Asubscribe%20dalnet-services%0D%0Asubscribe%20dalnet-src[/email]

NOTE: Some email clients (such as Eudora) have difficulty with %0D%0A ($crlf - or newline). I tested all of the above links using Outlook Express and they work just fine. However, if your client doesn't, then simply write your email with each subscribe line (for the lists you wish to join) on a separate line:

To: majordomo[/b]@dal.net

subscribe dalnet
subscribe dalnet-services
subscribe dalnet-src

DALnet: #HelpDesk and #m[color:#FF0000]IR[color:#EEEE00]C

Link Copied to Clipboard