mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
D
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
D
mIRC crashes on exit or just after a random period of time..

Since i have read multiple messages on various boards about mIRC crashing after a random amount of time or on exit, I am guessing this is not a matter of scripting but a memory bug in mIRC itself..

On my own computer it only crashes upon exit but I have heard from several users it also crashes after a random amount of time..

I hope this gets solved soon cause its very anoying..

The only way mIRC doesnt crash on exit is when i close it using Task Manager..

I am running the latest mIRC on Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 1 (5.1 - 2600)

Thanx in advance..

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Are you experiencing this with a plain morc, or with a mirc with scripts and such installed? Perhaps a dll that is changing the interface of mirc, or perhaps just an extended library?

-KingTomato
D
OP Offline
D
I have a DDL loaded for changing the interface, a dll that changes colors of nickname prefixes (e.g. @,+)

But i have also read alot about other people having the same problem they might not have the same DDL's loaded..

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
DLL's in general can be very volitile if not used correctly. When you load a dll, they are loaded into memory to allow for quick access. When you exit mirc, the memory being used might not be being freed correctly, and cause mIRC to crash. Try unloading the dll wihtt he /dll -u command on exit, and see if that saves it.

-KingTomato
D
OP Offline
D
I have allready tried all possible options.. (including unloading)
But it's not only exit when this happens, some people have mIRC crashing after a random period of time..

I guess ill hafto stop using this new mIRC and go back to 6.03 or atleast a version before the Visual C++ .NET 7.0 compile

Link Copied to Clipboard