Print Thread
#60447 15/11/03 05:09 PM
O
ods15 Offline OP
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
O
i got a clone running on the same network for the same channel.
this caused double logging (everything appeared twice in the log file..) so i halted pretty much ALL events for the clone nick.. (it doesnt need em anyway)
i got a few scripted though which are & events (they dont run if the event has been halted..) - it doesnt run for the clone nick, which is fine, but it doesnt run for my regular nick either!
appearantely a very slight mirc bug...

#60448 15/11/03 08:04 PM
L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
Is this "clone" running off the same copy of mIRC? In that case this would actually be normal behaviour. If you really do need the clone, install a second copy of mIRC for it.

DALnet #Helpdesk
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand. -Confucius
#60449 15/11/03 08:08 PM
O
ods15 Offline OP
OP Offline
O
actually, i've looked into it
yes its the same mirc copy
first of all, no, i disagree, that isnt normal mirc behavior imo - only one of the nicks halted the event, not both, the other should work fine
secondly - i found out the cause of the problem was something else, the event WAS halted by the other nick, but from an event thats NOT ^ !!!!
thats REALLY not normal behavior imo.
i've fixed it by instead of using halt in that event i used 'goto' to the end of the script (thats all i wanted to do there..)

#60450 16/11/03 02:26 PM
T
Babel fish
Babel fish
T
1. The events are halted for mIRC, not just for one nick. So if you are connected with multiple nicks to multiple networks on one mIRC, it will halt for all nicks! This is normal behaviour!

2. I think some events are halted even without the ^. This might be when they're not showing the user any information, but I'm not sure.

#60451 16/11/03 04:29 PM
O
ods15 Offline OP
OP Offline
O
I thought i explained this already
it was fine, it worked as it was supposed to, one nick halted, then the event is halted ONLY for that nick, it did exactly that, just as i expected
the problem was that an event which wasnt ^ halted the event, and apperantely mrc considered it halted from that point on.. i find that really bizzare, but what the hell, it easy to work around, so i dont mind smile
this thread is over as far as i'm concerned
thanks anyway!

#60452 16/11/03 05:49 PM
I
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I
"the problem was that an event which wasnt ^ halted the event, and apperantely mrc considered it halted from that point on.."
The ^ prefix doesn't enable halting, it enables you to halt the default output from certain events.
If something has been halted, it has been halted.

Link Copied to Clipboard