Print Thread
#59997 12/11/03 05:16 PM
M
murdoQ Offline OP
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
M
I suggest you fix the stuff that shouldnt be the way it is!

mirc 603 with -another.ini command line used -- updates mirc.ini on close, then will use the old parameters on startup with -another.ini.

Exactly what it updates is unclear but I keep getting old window positions.

Emailer and browser options removed ... seems khaled is microsoft's little patsy, as if he wants you to use insecure M$ programs, like IE and M$ outlook. I think he is working for MS.

With M$ losing their Java license and a payed lawsuit of $20 million, continual trojan invasions for their lameness, it is pure idiocy to promote usage of M$ programs.

I was thinking about sending him a check and register, but until he acknowledges me I wont send him a dime or the code for the NON-polling dual channel mp3 player.

with a dialog open, desktop windows open minimized.
I could on all day about stuff that doesnt work right

#59998 12/11/03 10:15 PM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Just to start off, this is a suggestions forum, not a demanding one. You don't have the right to make demands in "Exchange for a check" If you don't like the way mirc is run, find a new client.

Secondly, the mirc.ini update is a bug, not a suggestion. It should be posted in the bug forum. I also haven't tested on 612, but if it is fixed--then all you have to do is update.

As far as the comment about "Emailer and browser options removed ... seems khaled is microsoft's little patsy, as if he wants you to use insecure M$ programs, like IE and M$ outlook. I think he is working for MS." mIRC uses your default programs. If you don't want it opening it, set something else as your default. I have myie2, and mirc opens it fine.

Also with your "pure idiocy to promote usage of M$ programs", that's your opinion. Again, don't like it--find a new client.

Lastly, I'm sure Khaled doesn't feel threatened by your remark about "i won't send you my code". If he wanted an intergrated sound player, im definite he has th eintelligence to code one. I'm not sure why you feel the need to dandle that before him, but whatever your reason, please don't feel as though you've just given th eopportunity of a lifetime.

As for your side comment, please leave that atthe entrance to the forums.

-KingTomato
#59999 13/11/03 01:23 AM
M
murdoQ Offline OP
OP Offline
M
IE is NOT my default browser yet mIRC continues to run IE, SO you're just full of ... I digress ....
I want no part of this @%$* mIRC... it is deleted.

The mp3 player sux ... always crashes mirc and delays sound play for other tasks, I could help,
but you dont want my help remember? As for insecurity,you are obviously ignorant.

Insecurity is NOT just my opinion but a fact. Unfortunately, Microsoft truly does not care
about security.

To Microsoft, your possession of a microprocessor turns you into a customer, a source of
potential profit. Microsoft will never do anything (willingly) that reduces its competitive position
by reducing its access to your microprocessors or relinquishing some of its leverage over
you. Never mind that these same corporations and media giants are responsible for laws
such as the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA), that you may one day find yourself
accused of violating based on something a microprocessor appears to have done over
which you allegedly had control or authority, because of political contributions and
special-interest lobbyist politics.

Giving you real control over your computers is not in the best interest of capitalism nor law
enforcement because such control would reduce profits and hinder prosecutions. If you
don't think these issues are a part of the complex and volatile modern world of data
security then you'll be surprised how a little knowledge of the subject will change your
perceptions. Just remember that if it becomes difficult for Microsoft to execute code on
your computers, it will become more difficult for them to extract money from your bank
accounts by selling you more software. The business methods used by Microsoft have so
badly compromised the safety of those who use Microsoft software that I've called
publicly for Microsoft to give away, free of charge to all existing Microsoft customers, the
latest build of Windows code that incorporates, for the first time, security remediations
produced as a result of the Trustworthy Computing Initiative. These architectural security
fixes are not just new features that you might like to have and may choose to pay for,
they are the first attempt Microsoft has ever made to create a product that is safe to use
and free from severe defects. That Microsoft has failed yet again to achieve a reasonable
level of safety for its products will become apparent in the coming months, but this does
not change the fact that Microsoft profited enormously by selling severely defective
products in the past and owes a debt of apology to every person and business that has
been harmed by their actions and inactions. We'll never see this apology in the real
world, of course, just as we may never see Microsoft software that incorporates common
sense security countermeasures. It is just not in Microsoft's best-interest to do what is in
your best-interest, and this alone should cause you serious concern. Many other
businesses draw a line that they choose not to cross, out of respect and care for their
customers and for the benefit of the general public. Microsoft draws no such line, and it
has thus become a despicable company run by despicable people.

buh bye ... leave that at the door.

#60000 13/11/03 03:53 AM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I would have read your rant, but starting off by calling me a liar made me not want to. Most likely full of bs anwyas. As for it not using the defualt broswe,r that's becasue your using 6.03, not 6.12 If you happened to update, you'd find it actually works--next time get ur facts straight before calling someone a liar.

And not to offend Khaled, or even mean to take away business, but Im gladd ur gone. I personally hate stuck up peopple like yourself using mIRC. So please, by all means find a new client--the forums could use less airheads.

-KingTomato
#60001 13/11/03 05:32 AM
N
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
N
if you hate microsoft so much then why are you using thier products? Go post MS rants on a MS webboard not an mIRC one. I think i actually got farther in that last post than KingTomato did and he was right what of read of it was "bs" to use his term. mIRC is an irc client. Personally i feel it shouldnt use ANY browser whatsoever. If your too lazy to open a browser and paste a URL then i pity you.

You need not reply i will not reply back

Have Fun smile
#60002 13/11/03 05:39 AM
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
"The mp3 player sux "

mIRC doesnt have an mp3 player, it merely sends the request to windows to handle.

As KT pointed out, you are using a version of mIRC that had a bug with handling of default browser. Either upgrade to the current version, or look in the bug forum here where workarounds for that are posted.

Its your choice to use mIRC or not, but there's no need to be rude

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
#60003 14/11/03 08:01 AM
P
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
P
Some suggestions in return for the original poster:

(1) Learn to read. The "default browser" bug is a known issue, which has been fixed. Update your version of mIRC to the latest one from www.mirc.com

(2) Learn to read. There is a permanent message about the "default browser" bug at the top of THIS forum including scripted workarounds. There is also a permanent message about it in the "Bug reports" forum.

(3) Learn that there is a difference between mIRC and scripts written to run on mIRC. Since you mention the "mp3 player" and mIRC doesn't actually have one, I assume you are using a script. The author of the program is not responsible for bugs in scripts written by other people. Try playing with a copy of "pure" mIRC.

(4) Learn that there is a difference between suggesting a feature and reporting a bug (or bugs). And that many bugs have been found by other people, and workarounds or fixes created/implemented.

(5) Learn that rudeness will generate anger, and is generally a less effective way of (a) making your point, and (b) getting helpful replies. Realising this is a sign of maturity. Your comments about Khaled in your original post will have annoyed many people, and predisposed them not to take you seriously. (Even those many, many, people who will agree with you about Micro$oft).

(6) Relax! If you really don't like mIRC, there are plenty of other IRC clients out there, all of which will allow you to join the same networks and talk to the same people. If you get really desperate, you could even get "old school" and connect through telnet!

PastMaster

IRCnet & DALnet @#travelersinn
:-: IRC for fun and relaxation :-:
#60004 14/11/03 08:18 PM
M
murdoQ Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Learn? hah thats a joke ..

Khaled should LEARN to test stuff before releasing junk software.
I never saw a bigger conglomeration of bugs in ANY software attempt.
.. AND that's what mirc is, an attempt. A poor one at that.

Khaked should LEARN that the term is "save" for saving window positions NOT "remember"
LOL

"Hammer" is a <deleted by moderator>, I wouldnt use his crap script to see the world go down in flames.
I can script and code circles around all you <deleted by moderator> and khaled put together.

I tried to share some very good code once, <deleted by moderator>hammer got so jealous my stuff was deleted. I am convinced
you <deleted by moderator> only need ego inflation, not good software. You all <deleted by moderator>.

Last edited by ParaBrat; 15/11/03 06:03 AM.
#60005 14/11/03 08:36 PM
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Don't you have anything better to do than go on online forums and blow your own trumpet? Everything you post here is egotistical nonsense.

If you don't like the people here then leave. If you don't like mIRC don't use it. It really isn't a hard concept.

#60006 14/11/03 10:42 PM
T
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
T
agreed. search for attention elsewhere, it's not our fault you don't think your parents love you. Don't come crying to us for attention. You want real attention put some real suggestions in and do it in a way that says that they are suggestions.

When I see you write an IRC client with full script support, access to dlls and com that is glitchfree then I will give you the right to b**ch. If you hate mIRC so much, why are you on the mIRC forums? I'm sure there are forums designed for 8 year olds somewhere, just make sure you got mommy's permission.

-TheXenocide
ParseMPopup
#60007 15/11/03 12:07 AM
S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
Quote:
I never saw a bigger conglomeration of bugs in ANY software attempt.

- Well you're obviously not using Windows then, which means you're running mIRC on an emulator or abstraction layer of some kind, which in turn means any bugs you find are equally likely to be a result of that than problems with mIRC itself.

Quote:
AND that's what mirc is, an attempt. A poor one at that.

- Whereas your IRC client is clearly much better. Hmm... that's funny, I can't see your IRC client anywhere. Could you point it out to me?

Incidentally, in the same post in which you shared your 'very good code' you also posted 'I am going to take my skills and code and leave'. It's now 9 months later and any skill and code you may have had seems to have left, but you're still here. I think it's time you either put your superior attitude outside like you apparently did with your 'coding skills' or you just leave altogether. Posting a few arrogant and pointless posts is one thing, continually doing it for the better part of a year while saying how mIRC is crap and how you're so much smarter than everyone else here is just plain pathetic.

Spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, and stupid comments are intentional.
#60008 15/11/03 05:30 AM
R
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
R
Gotta love kids who can't find anything better to do than complain about nothing. smile

I agree with starbucks.... mIRC has very few bugs and when compared to BIG companies like M$, there are MANY fewer bugs.

A couple things that you should realize before complaining about bugs...

1) Your payment for this software is for ALL future updates. Unlike most companies that give you a few patches for free, Khaled gives you all future updates and major revisions for free once you register.

2) Because the software updates are free for you, all bugs are not required to be removed before allowing people to use the program.

3) All products have bugs. That's what happens with software (and especially with software designed to allow users to code additions to it).

As others have said, if you don't like it, get something else. And, for all your talk of hating it and all that.... if you are such a great scripter who can script circles around everyone here (tho I highly doubt that), then you must have used a program you hate for a VERY long time. That would be kinda stupid to do if you really hated it. smile

#60009 15/11/03 06:08 AM
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
There is no need for all this name calling and insults. Its quite simple, if you dont like any software, then dont use it. If you wish to report problems, get your facts straight and then do so without rudeness.

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet

Link Copied to Clipboard